This article is supported by our readers. We earn a commission through links with no extra cost to you.
Best Mattress for Sex
Less Stress, More Sex…
SAATVA MATTRESS For SEX
The Best hybrid mattress for sex.
3 Firmness Levels
Good warranty and Trial
A mattress can make sex pleasurable or painful. The choice you make with your mattress will determine how you sleep for the period you own it. Its not all about sex when you purchase a mattress. A mattress serves you at sex only a few minutes but you will have to spend a longer period of time sleeping in it, alone or with a partner. Your purchase of a mattress will need to take sex into consideration but will also need to ensure your own comfort and the comfort of your partner who will share your bed.
When purchasing a mattress, especially if you are an active couple, takes serious consideration. Sex is crucial and an important factor but it is just the beginning. Some people find a mattress very comfortable in the showroom, think its great and end up purchasing a mattress which may not be suitable for one person or both. It may be great while you are making love but when it comes time to sleep, its either too hot, very bouncy or soft or too hard. Keeping all these into consideration while purchasing a mattress will ensure you don’t go through the grueling process of returning the mattress or losing money.
Sex needs to be pleasurable, Sleep needs to be calming and restful. You need to take into consideration both partners preferences in mattress firmness and overall comfort. Determining what type of mattress to buy, What budget to set and what size is comfortable all depends on your personal preferences. Before you make a purchase, be sure that both of you are clearly aware of what your needs are when it comes to sleep and comfort.
best mattress for active couples
How do you even qualify a mattress to be good for sex. Is it the soft feeling? Is it the bounce? Is it the feeling of luxury fabric which covers the mattress? How do you determine if a particular mattress can be rated as the best for making love? Its easy to put forward a few numbers down and say that its all in the reviews. But its someone else’s reviews. Its not probably what you may want to buy! Read the reviews but decide on the purchase based on your Needs.
Sex is not the primary purpose of a mattress purchase. Its only a small percentage of time you spend having sex in bed. But its an important percentage. Lets for a moment, Think that the mattress you purchase was only for the purpose of sex. What do you look for in that mattress ?
Things you should look out for when you are purchasing a mattress for sex
- Bounce : The way a mattress bounces has a lot to do about how pleasurable your sex is going to be. IF you mattress is too bouncy its probably going to sound good but its actually not so great. The right bounce is important when it comes to action in bed. You dont want to feel like you are having sex on a trampoline, but you surely dont want it to feel like you are in quicksand either.
- Responsiveness : Your mattress should not consume your body when you are sleeping and surely not the person under you when having sex. Responsiveness is important . It should be right. It should be easy to move around and make adjustments no matter what position you are in. If you kneel on your mattress, you shouldn’t find that you are going down more than a few inches and when you roll around it should be effortless. Sex is an activity with a lot of movement and a responsive mattress can make things easier.
- Durability : Have you ever wondered how long your mattress will last with all the action it has to endure? May be not. A mattress which is not as durable as you are in bed will wear out before you know. Some mattresses last a year and there are others which will last ten. Comfort is important but if your mattress is going to wear out in less than 5 years, its not really good for your pocket.
- Comfort : Sexual comfort is one thing and comfort when you are resting is another. Both comfort levels are important to both of you involved. When having sex, the mattress should be soft and luxurious and when you are resting it should be medium firm, supportive and warm ( Not hot). If your mattress is not firm when you rest, chances are you will end up with some form of back problems over a period of time. If its too hot or uncomfortable to sleep on, you may end up being sleep deprived. What fun is it if you cant rest after all the action, renew your energy and get on with it again!
- Noise : ITs common knowledge that everyone has sex. But it need not be advertised to your neighbour or your parents/kids/friends or who ever it is thats sharing the next room. When i am making love i only want to hear the voice of my partner saying my name. Not the squeaky ceiling fan, the speeding car, the barking dogs and surely not a noisy mattress. Traditional Spring mattresses would make a terrible noise every time you stepped on to it. A slight movement would wake your partner up, if not due to the motion transfer, by the noise the mattress makes. Foam mattresses and LAtex mattresses have no springs and are silent. The hybrid mattresses are so advanced in technology that its just as silent too.
- Edge Support : While active in bed, chances are you are too close to the edge. How would you feel if you were enjoying it so well and you fell to the ground? Embarrassing is one thing, the pain is another and you simply end up breaking from the action altogether. A spoiler moment. Edge support is important for a mattress even if you are not an active couple. Sitting at the edge of the mattress shouldn’t slide you down to the floor. It should be a lot firmer in the edges than in the middle. This ensures that you don’t slip down to the ground when you are fast asleep in the middle of the night.
- Budget Considerations : Some people look for pleasure and buy a mattress without consideration of money. Good for them. There are others who buy a mattress for finance. Buy now , pay later. And then there are people who know what they can spend and will not take it overboard. If you are one of those who consider a mattress to be an investment, you will spend wisely. Whatever your budget, set it straight and set it first. A few dollars up or down is ok, but there is no reason to purchase a mattress double the price of what you sent out to buy. And believe it or not, you can buy a good mattress for a decent price.
- Heat retention: Activity in bed is going to make things hot. Literally! You may want to look out for a mattress which will retain heat. Even with the air conditioners on, some mattresses (specially Foam mattresses) tend to build up heat over time. This is not good if you are an active couple and you will find your activity a lot more exhausting rather than enjoyable. Buy a mattress which is cool and breathable . You will thank yourself for it.
Best mattress for different weight couples
This is Probably one of the hardest decisions most people will have to make. There is surely no one size fits all when it comes to mattresses. 2 Different people, 2 different mattresses. And when the 2 individuals are of different weight and with a good margin, chances are you will not find a mattress which fits both of them. While one person finds the mattress just right, the other will find it a bit too soft or too firm. You may find the perfect mattress when it comes to your sexual preferences but when it moves to sleep after that, there is bound to be a bit of differences. What are the options you have? The easiest one is to have a mattress for sex and then another for sleep. There are a few adjustable dual side mattresses but they are not just as perfect as you would expect to be. The best option is to go for something which both of you will agree to. A medium firm mattress will usually suffice if you are different sized. One of them is bound to find the mattress a bit soft but not too uncomfortable, while the lighter person will find the mattress a bit firm but good to sleep on. Add a topper if you find the mattress too firm or too soft and adjust accordingly. Unfortunately, the whole process is about testing whats right for you when your weights are different and it becomes all the more difficult if the margin is high.
Best type of mattress for sex
The range of mattresses is one thing and the types of mattresses is another. There was a time when mattress choices were easy because there wasn’t much to choose from. You went to a store and purchased the prettiest mattress and they were all made of spring and foam. Today there are Memory foam mattress, Gel Foam mattresses. Latex, Hybrid, airbeds and waterbeds among many others. If you are confused with the brand, the type of mattress creates havoc for decision makers. But its not as complicated as it sounds and you could make a decision much more easily once you know what you want and for now, you are looking for a mattress which is great to sleep on and excellent to make love on.
Thats simple enough but which type of mattress is great for sex?
Best memory foam Mattress for sex
Memory foam mattress has been popularised a bit too much. Everyone wanted a memory foam mattress. From the grand dad who had back problems to the college kid who wanted a mattress for his dorm, Memory foam was advertised to be the affordable and the best solution. The truth is far from it. The mattress industry has evolved over the last few years. Pure memory foam mattress is not the most preferred mattress afterall. No, its not really all that bad, but surely not as good as its being advertised. Memory foam mattresses come with a few flaws. To begin with, pure memory foam mattresses are hot. If the mattress is too soft, you find it hard to move around the mattress and it will feel like you are sleeping on sinking mud. It’s not a nice feeling if the person under you is nearly consumed by the mattress. Neither you or the person beneath will find that experience comfortable. And what more? Memory foam mattresses lack the bounce. Everytime you jump, it sinks and takes its own sweet time to come back to the normal position. That’s surely not comfortable!
A lot of new mattress companies are coming up with fixes for these problems. They have multip