Puffy Mattress Puffy Mattress" known as an ultimate comfort cloud mattress topper is a 10-inch size mattress made of double layers. It suits all kinds of sleep patterns, giving no kinds of aches or pains…
Tempurpedic is an all memory foam mattress while the Saatva is one of the leading brands for the luxury hybrid mattresses. How do these 2 fare when compared with each other? In fact, these mattresses are entirely different from each other. But this comparative study would help you get to know them better and makes the choice easier for you. If you are stuck for a choice between memory foam vs hybrid mattress, then this article is for you!
Tempurpedic mattress Features
Tempurpedic mattresses are multi-layers of memory foam. Each memory foam layer has a different comfort level to make the mattress to the comfort level that you need. You will be getting 5 different comfort levels and a few variations with this mattress.
- The Tempurpedic mattresses have got about 5 layers in each mattress and have a fixed thickness to every mattress. The comfort level of the foam layers become firm as you go from top to bottom.
- Tempurpedic mattresses are flexible and are comfortable when used with adjustable bed bases. You will be getting the suitably adjustable bed bases along with the adjustable mattresses.
- The motto of the Tempurpedic mattress is to provide a pressure-free contouring mattress that eases the stress and pain exerted on the body throughout the day.
- The Tempur materials are adaptive to the body shape and weight that provides a completely personalized sleep surface for each body.
- The easing of the pressure points lets you sleep well without much tossing or turning.
- The motion transfer on the Tempurpedic mattress is very low, making it perfect for couples. As opposed to the spring mattress, memory foam mattresses have become a life saver for many couples.
Saatva mattress Features
Saatva mattresses are handcrafted with multiple layers of different materials. It is one of the popular luxury hybrid mattresses.
- The topmost layer of Saatva mattress is the Euro pillow top with enough padding and cushioning inside a neatly finished top. It is tucked into the outer covering so that it does not slip off the mattress top as in many cases.
- The second layer is the lumbar support enhancement layer of memory foam. It comes right between the Euro top and the individually covered coils.
- The coil layer that comes next is individually wrapped inside the foam. The foam covering to each coil provides the cushioning effect and also in the contouring. The coils shrink and retrieve individually so that the motion transfer is minimized on the mattress surface.
- The next layer is the steel coil system- the plain old steel coil system that occupies the entire bottom part of the Saatva mattress. These coils are not wrapped and are fixed naked. They have a thin layer of foam over them to separate it from the wrapped coil layer.
- The next layer is on the sides for edge support. a thick memory foam layer is added to the sides to make the mattress stand upright on the edges. This adds to the durability of the mattress and serves to make full use of the mattress surface. This is made of an anti-sag material that is firm.
Tempurpedic Vs Saatva mattress types
Both the Tempurpedic and Saatva mattresses are available in different types, according to your comfort level needs. You will get 5 basic varieties of mattresses from Tempurpedic and the Saatva has got only three choices with their mattress types.
Avocado Mattress is surprisingly affordable and far good than your expectations. Equally safe as it’s free of heavy metals, pesticides, chemical flame retardants, VOC’s and other harmful elements. Get more on this all natural mattress…
Helix Mattress is a CertiPUR-US certified product that comes with Helix dynamic foam, micro coils, and many more added features. Choose the bed frame and get Helix Mattress delivered at your doorstep at NO extra shipping charges. Order today!!!
Though the Tempurpedic mattresses are basically, all memory foam mattresses, you can find some hybrid varieties as well.
- Tempur-Flex is the mattress range that has hybrid mattresses. There would be a layer of individually wrapped coil system in these mattresses. you will bet 4 choices with the comfort level in this category.
- Tempur-Contour type offers firmer mattresses that can perfectly contour to the body. These mattresses use only the memory foam to make its layers. You have 4 choices for the mattresses here.
- Tempur-Cloud softer support: As the name suggests, this type offers the softer feel mattresses. You get to choose from the 6 mattress choices. These mattresses will give you the plush feel with perfect contouring and pressure relief.
- Tempur-Breeze is the unique range of mattresses that are made with an extra layer of cooling foam at the top. This special layer allows the mattress surface to stay cooler and suits well for those who sleep hot and sweaty. You have 4 choices with the mattresses.
- Tempur-Legacy is the limited edition mattresses currently going rounds in the market. You will have a special base layer that looks spiky. These spikes allow air circulation and keep the mattress cooler. It’s available in only one comfort level of soft feel.
The Saatva mattress choices are limited to 3- Plush soft, luxury firm, and firm. Mattresses are available in all sizes for each type.
The Plush soft mattresses suit those who want to sleep on their sides. You won’t have dead arms anymore with this type of mattress.
The Luxury form mattresses are all-purpose mattresses. It is perfect for couples who have different comfort levels. It is also ideal for those who often switch their positions.
Firm mattresses are almost really firm. The sleeper would be literally sleeping ON the mattress. This mattress suits the stomach sleepers and back sleepers.
The comfort level of the mattresses has a huge range of variety with the Tempurpedic while the Saatva mattresses stick to just 3 comfort levels. Let’s find out about them and their comfort level value on a scale of 1-10 where the 1 is soft and 10 is firm.
- Tempur-Flex provides Prima at medium-firm with a comfort level of 6 or 7; Supreme and Supreme Breeze at medium range and Elite is a medium-soft mattress with a comfort level of 3-4.
- Tempur-Contour has the Supreme as the firmest at 9, the rest 3 are medium-firm ranging from 7-8 in their comfort levels.
- Tempur-Cloud is offering Prima for the medium soft at 4, Supreme and Supreme Breeze at 3 at soft and the Elite range as the extra soft mattresses with a comfort level of 2-3. The Tempur-cloud Luxe and Luxe Breeze are the softest at a value of 1-2.
- The Tempur-Legacy mattresses have their comfort level valued at 2-3 for the soft feel.
Saatva mattresses have only 2 choices. The Plush-soft mattresses are comfortably soft at a value of 3. The flagship mattresses in the Luxury-firm have their comfort level at 5-6 and the firm mattresses are firm at a value of 8.
The thickness of the Tempurpedic mattresses is fixed at 10 inches, no matter what type you choose. All mattresses, the memory foam, as well as the hybrid mattresses, have 10 inches in their height.
Saatva mattresses are thicker or provide more height to the final bed. Each Saatva mattress is about 11-15 inches in thickness. So you need to choose the ideal base or foundation to get your bed at a comfortable height.
Both the Tempurpedic and Saatva mattresses have the option to add the adjustable base of a foundation with the mattress when purchasing. Buying them together would help you get the right height for the bed in one go.
Buy the mattress
You can buy the Tempurpedic mattress online, over the phone line and also from selected retail shops across the country. The price of the mattresses stays the same by all means of purchase. You would also get the same benefits from each mode of purchase.
You would also be getting the trial period of 90 days with each purchase. The trial period offers you a tension free use of the mattress for 3months before you can make a final decision. You will be helped over the phone to have the mattress comfortable for you, if no ways work, you can have the mattress returned for a full refund of the purchase, sans the shipping charges.
Saatva mattress is also up for sale on the internet. You can easily purchase the mattress online and get the suitable base or foundation as well. You can also arrange for your old mattress to be removed with some extra bucks.
At an extra charge, you can also have the mattress and the base delivered to your home and have it set-up. This facility depends on the area you live. You need to check the availability by providing the zip code in the search box for the same.
The icing on the cake would be the 120 days trial period that you can use the mattress to check its comfort level and suitability. You may return the mattress in this period to get a full refund. The only problem with Saatva is that the mattresses are not available anywhere in the retail shops. It is an online-only mattress range.
Both the Tempurpedic and Saatva mattresses are comfortable to be used with your existing foundations as long as they are in good condition. It would be better to use them with the new suitable foundations that are available from the respective brands for your benefit. It adds comfort and makes the mattresses durable. This mattress also helps you reimburse the warranty period should you need it.
Both these mattress types are suitable to use with adjustable beds or foundations. The Saatva mattress is flexible enough to be used with an ultra modern adjustable bed that needs a flexible mattress to fit the features. If you are looking for a flexible mattress to be used with an adjustable bed, you can look for the Tempurpedic and Saatva mattresses.
There is no clear winner when it comes to the mattress. The winning mattress is what you can find with your requirements and the comfort level. Most mattresses may not stay up to your expectations but these 2 mattresses- Tempurpedic and Saatva mattresses, are sure to live up to the expectations. The decision is all yours.