This article is supported by our readers. We earn a commission through links with no extra cost to you.
South Bay International owns Sleep Science, a popular mattress brand. Costco is the main retailer who commonly sells Sleep Science mattresses online. Apart from the mattresses, this brand sells other bedding accessories like pillows, toppers and more. Its well-known product lines include Black Diamond, Dream, Ara, Emma and more. This article reviews some of Sleep Science best seller products.
- White Glove Delivery
- Mattress Removal
- Finance Available
- 15 Years warranty
- 120 Days home trial
100 night trial
25 years warranty
365 night Home trial
Tencel cooling cover
Gel Memory foam
Sleep Science Memory Foam Mattresses – Introduction
Sleep Science assures premium mattresses that features quality, comfort, and affordability to offer a peaceful night’s sleep. Its luxurious beddings blend the latest in sleep technology and superior quality materials. The dedicated team at Sleep Science mattresses ensures excellence and superior standard material goes into creating the most comfortable mattress possible. Its wide range of mattresses is available from Ultra Plush to Extra Firm bed which matches every customer preferences. The ultimate comfort from these mattresses is suitable for any sleeping position.
Sleep Science Memory Foam Mattresses – Technology
Sleep Science designs brings the ideal level of comfort to your bedroom. Its proprietary technologies, pure materials and unique craftsmanship suit any body type and every sleeping style.
- The Wedge – This proprietary feature of the Sleep Science mattresses product line, gives edge-to-edge sleep support. It not only helps stabilizing the sleeping surface but also prevents sagging and extends the mattress life. It is constructed of premium-quality, high-density HR polyurethane foam.
- Air Channel Base – This Air Channel base technology creates a cooler sleeping surface by considerably increasing airflow through the mattress core and reducing friction. It responds like individual springs as it absorbs the force of the body from the upper layers of the mattress core and sleep surface. Moreover, it reduces friction between the base and upper mattress layers. This Air Channel is relief cut in 1” grooves that run horizontally and vertically.
- 100% Pure Visco Memory Foam – Sleep Science commits to use only top quality foam, so that they could manufacture 100% Pure Visco Memory Foam products. They construct each mattress layer with foam of varying degrees of density and firmness. Plus, independent tests and verification of products, ensures that only 100% Pure Visco Memory Foam products with no fillers reaches you. To maintain product quality control, the company works in their own 700,000 square foot memory foam manufacturing facility.
- Bamboo Charcoal Memory Foam – The latest premium materials, Bamboo Charcoal is also known as ‘Black Diamond’ worldwide. The ultimate Visco Memory Foam when infuse with the porous Bamboo Charcoal makes the sleeping surface more breathable. In addition, combining Air Channel Base, with Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Foam offers a cooler sleeping surface which is best for people who sleep hot.
- Free and fast delivery
- 100 night trial
- Free returns
- Celliant Technology
- 10 years warranty
Zip and wash cover
100% made in usa
Stain resistant fabric
101 nights sleep trial
- 365 night trial
- Everlong warranty
- Free shipping and Returns
- Financing Facility
Sleep Science Memory Foam Mattresses – Features
- Its patented wedge edge extends your sleeping surface and provides a stabilized sitting edge for you to enjoy every inch of your bed.
- All Sleep Science mattresses are design in the USA.
- Air Channel support Base reduces heat and improves airflow for a cool sleeping experience.
- Its 100% Pure Visco Memory Foam is independently tested and verified for purity and quality. Most of these mattresses contain 4 inches of memory foam for comfort and 1 inch of latex for perfect touch of support.
- Sleep Science Mattresses are available in various firmness levels – ultra plush, plush, medium, firm and extra firm.
- Easily zip off the removable mattress cover for washing.
- All foams in Sleep Science mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified which meets the consent, emissions and durability standards.
- The prices of these beds vary significantly from $280 to $2200 with models and size.
- Sleep Science Mattresses comes with a 20 Year warranty against manufacture defects.
- Its visco memory foam is either manufacture in the company’s privately own factory in China, or through one of their manufacturing partners in the USA.
- 120 Night Trial
- 15 year warranty
- Cooling Gel
- Organic cotton cover
- Flame retardant
100 night sleep trial
10 year warranty
Finance facility available
100 night trial
25 years warranty
Sleep Science Memory Foam Mattresses – Products
Sleep Science Dream 8″ Queen Memory Foam Mattress
The Sleep Science Dream 8″ Queen Memory Foam is an ultra plush, soft Mattress. Its top layer is made of proprietary Slumber Tech visco elastic memory foam comfort layers and lies on an open cell air comfort layer. The base is made of Support Tech foam. The open cell design of the air comfort layer enhances air circulation in the center of the mattress, while creating a neutral sleeping temperature. The bamboo blend fabric mattress cover is cool to the touch and works as a natural wicking agent.
The Sleep Science Ultra Plush 8″ Queen Memory Foam mattress fits into most bed frames. Its top Layer is 3” of proprietary slumber tech Visco memory foam, middle Layer is 2” Air comfort layer, open cell structure for maximum air flow and Bottom Layer is 3” proprietary support tech base foam. The bamboo blend fabric mattress cover keeps the sleeping surface cool. This bed is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant. It meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 – Federal Flammability (open flame) standards. The Queen Mattress dimensions are 60” W x 80” L x 8” H and it prices at nearly $400.
People have rated Sleep Science 8″ Queen Memory Foam mattress as 4.0 out of 5 stars on costco.com. There are people who say it is very comfortable, durable bed that gives best sleep ever. In contrast, some people complain about the bed sleeping hot and expansion problems.
Marco67Red2015 says suddenly the couple in their late 40’s started waking up sore every morning. This was because of the aging mattress which got replace with this new bed. After a year of using it, the bed is still in perfect condition. Initially they had problem adjusting to this bed as it was different than a standard spring mattress. Unlike others they didn’t notice any heat issues and says they are sleeping their best in years. In addition, it absorbs motion effectively which makes it a couple friendly.
Tweedsmom says she took couple of days to get use to it but now she cannot sleep better on any other mattress. But she complains it really retains body heat.
A sleep deprive customer says he bought it thinking soft bed that would help with his joint pain. Moreover, the bed didn’t expand more than 6 3/4 inches instead of advertise 8 inches. He also complains that he just sinks straight to the base and has no support.
Hppymoma says this mattress is very soft and sleeps hot. Additionally, it feels like sleeping in a hole, and it was difficult to roll out of this hot hole. After trying it for a month, finally they return it.
- 100% Natural Latex
- 2-in-1 Dual Comfort
- 100% Organic Cotton
- 100% Joma Wool
20 year warranty
Organic Cotton, Wool, Latex
Handcrafted in USA
Free 100 night trial
10 year warranty
Perfect hybrid mattress
Sleep Science Black Diamond 11″ Twin Memory Foam Mattress
The Sleep Science Black Diamond 11″ Twin Memory Foam Mattress layers proprietary bamboo charcoal visco memory foam and supportive latex. Sleep Science blends bamboo charcoal fibers into its proprietary visco memory foam to create the black diamond visco memory foam. Bamboo charcoal fibers neutralize moisture; eliminates odors and increases the antibacterial properties of the foam.
Sleep Science Black Diamond 11″ Twin top layer consists of 5 lb density, black diamond visco memory foam. The second layer is 5 lb density premium visco memory foam to offer an added comfort layer. The latex layer provides excellent support for the visco memory foam. It also comes with patented Wedge, edge to edge support system. Its last air channel base is made of high resilient polyurethane foam to create a temperature neutral environment.
Sleep Science Black Diamond 11″ Twin Memory Foam Mattress comfort scale is Plush top layer with medium/firm support. It top layer is 1” of proprietary 5 lb black diamond bamboo charcoal visco memory foam, second layer is 1” of proprietary 5 lb slumber tech visco memory foam, third layer is 2” of medium latex and bottom layer is 7” proprietary support tech base foam. Its removable and washable mattress cover is silk blend fabric made. This Hypo allergenic and dust mite resistant bed features patented wedge support system. The twin mattress dimensions are 38”W x 74”L x 11”D and are availed for $900.
Sleep Science Black Diamond 11″ Twin Memory Foam Mattress has received 4.3 out of 5 stars on costco.com. Some people mention this is a firm yet soft bed perfect to offer comfortable sleep. While some people found it very hard to sleep good.
LavP is 6’3″ and weighs 175lb says he was constantly suffering from lower back pain, so he tried even expensive $4k mattress but nothing worked. Then from last 6 months he is using this bed and has absolutely no complains. There is no pain and wake up feeling great.
After using several memory foam mattresses, KenD22 and his wife today appreciates Black Diamond 11″ firmness level. They say although deliciously firm, it is still like floating on air comfortable. There is no back pain and no tingling limb problems when sleeping on side. Moreover, the reinforced edges completely eliminate the too soft edges of other foam mattresses. It sleeps cool and the temperature remains neutral all through the night.
Anglo63 says this is extremely firm and hard bed which causes hips and back pain. It makes him feel like sleeping on a shelf. In addition, the “off gassing” took about 2+ weeks.
TraeCo is using this mattress for nearly two years and says it is a very seasonal mattress. In the summer, it is very sponge like but supportive while in winter, the sleeping surface is hard like concrete which causes constant back pain and impossible to sleep on sides. She says a few good things – the mattress cover is easy to clean, the off gassing period was quick and not too bad and the wedges on the sides are great.
Considering the positive customer reviews, foam technology, warranty, and customer friendly Costco.com return policy, Sleep Science Mattresses are worth a try.