Saatva Vs Amerisleep are two of the top mattress brands online who provide amazing supportive mattress at a great price. Here are few of the similarities and differences which will help you decide which is best – Saatva Vs Amerisleep.
Saatva Vs Amerisleep – Similar features
- Function online only by cutting the middlemen
- Have been in business for more than 2 years
- Offer sleep trial periods and return policies
- Deliver exceptional customer support
Saatva Vs Amerisleep – Key Differences
- Amerisleep offers memory foam mattresses while Saatva offer innerspring mattresses
- Amerisleep gives you 5 models as per different sleeping style while Saatva offers one model with 3 firmness options
- Saatva is much bouncier and responsive than Amerisleep.
- Amerisleep is better than Saatva when it comes to motion isolation
- Saatva is priced affordably but charges a shipping fee, which Amerisleep does not. However, the price of Amerisleep mattresses is on the expensive side.
- Saatva offers white-glove delivery while Amerisleep is well-packed and shipped in a box.
Here is the ultimate breakdown of both the brands.
Saatva Mattress Specifications & Features
Check out the construction layers of Saatva Mattress.
The Saatva mattress cover is made using 100% organic cotton that feels soft and cool just like the traditional cover.
The top comfort layer is a Euro Pillowtop that is fixed with the lower layers of support. This makes it look like natural part of the mattress. It is 1.25” thickness and keeps it soft while improving air flow.
Different layers of comfort
- The first layer is 3/8” thin layer of memory foam that offers the hybrid innerspring mattress a contouring effect. As this layer is thin, you don’t have to worry about any sinking on the mattress that usually comes with memory foam mattress.
- The second layer is a 4”, 14-gauge individually wrapped comfort coils that form the support base. They are made using superior steel that offer you best resilience and conformity. The manufacturer has packed these coils in special edge support foam to inhibit sinking when you sit on the edges.
- The third layer – This is the second innerspring layer that offers immense support and is the core system. They are made using individually pocketed springs that are interconnected using a metallic wire. Furthermore, the thickness is raised to 13-gauge and the length to 5.5”. What you get is a stiff yet springy overall structure. Usually, this layer might cause a lot of motion transfer but the neatly designed upper layers prevent motion transfer thus solving this problem.
The Saatva mattress infuses a foam border around the lower spring layers. This is to deliver proper edge support in conjunction with the whole mattress. As a result, the edge support is fantastic even in this innerspring mattress.
Take a look at the Firmness and Feel of Saatva Mattress.
Comfort and Support
Saatva is available in three different models based on the firmness levels. However, the basic structure remains the same with just slight alteration in the foam thickness.
“Luxury Firm” is the flagship model of Saatva. It is tailored as a one-size-fits-all solution that gives the sleeper balanced proportions of support, relieves any strain in the pressure points and contours the body. Saatva does not disclose the ILD value for this model. This is to prevent others from copying their idea but as per their own firmness scale of 1-10, they say it falls somewhere between 5-7 i.e. medium-firm.
The mattress is also available in Plush and Firm levels that has an ILD of 18 and 30 respectively.
The Plush model offers more contouring than resilience which is exactly vice-versa of what Firm offers.
The edge support foam is a prominent feature that highly supports your weight when you sit on your edge. The independently pocketed comfort coils are encased with foam that is strong and keeps the mattress sturdy without giving in to sinking.
Though the mattress is resilient, it is still able to give small, sudden movement whenever a sleeper moves. This is probably because of the cushioning action of the upper layers of memory foam.
Saatva is known to bit more heat than other brands. This is because of the Euro pillow top and comfort layer (both are memory foam) that is a natural heat trapper. The innerspring layers beneath also ensure proper air flow thus delivering proper air circulation to dissipate heat.
What makes Saatva Mattress unique?
Traditional cum contouring benefits – this hybrid innerspring mattress offers the best of both the worlds. The proper balance of resilience and compressive support offers the sleeper a fantastic experience. The Euro pillow top is added to provide proper spinal support. In simple words, you have the perfect blend of innerspring and viscoelastic foam that is not only soft to touch but also offers good comfort and support.
- Affordable price – The price of Saatva mattress is affordable. What makes it much more beneficial is that it is sold online only. You won’t find it any retail stores. This saves you a good amount of unwanted tax and service charges added by retail middlemen.
- Excellent trial period – Saatva offers you 120-day money-back guarantee as compared to Amerisleep’s 100 days. That’s like three weeks more than Saatva.
Amerisleep Mattress Specifications, Features
The Amerisleep mattress comes with 5 different levels of firmness. We will be describing the foam layers of Medium-Firm “Liberty” Model.
Let’s take a look at the construction of Amerisleep memory foam mattress.
All the Amerisleep mattresses are encased in a Celliant cover. This is a proprietary mineral fabric that wicks away all the heat from your body at night. This will reflect on your skin till you are at an optimal temperature to sleep comfortably.
Different layers of comfort and support
- The first layer of Amerisleep is 3” of Bio-PUR foam. It comes with open-cell memory foam that is partly extracted from plant-based materials making it eco-friendly. However, it is much better than traditional polymers. The open-cell structure also ensures to dissipate heat which is a problem in many memory foam mattress.
- The second layer is 2” of Affinity foam that is responsible for streamlining the switch from contouring layer to firm and stiff support layer beneath. It supports the mattress to respond immediately to contour and become resilient to sinking. This gives you proper balance of the mattress comfort and support one is looking for.
- The third layer is 7” of Bio-Core foam that is the core support foam of the mattress. This provides compressive support for the user. It also ensures optimal alignment of the spine. It will also reduce pain that occurs due to bad sleeping postures.
What is the firmness of Amerisleep and how does it feel?
Comfort and Support
Since it is a memory foam mattress, Amerisleep offers you signature conforming layers that contours as per your body shape and delivers great relief. This contouring nature works in sync with your body thus preventing any strain on the pressure points. The 7” thick Bio-Core support core offers you excellent support that will keep your body in proper alignment.
Amerisleep does not absorb heat as much as Saatva. Of course, there are users who claim otherwise. This is probably because of the Celliant cover that reflects the body heat back to you and at times goes down on certain nights.
Edge support of Amerisleep
Memory foam mattresses have a history of not offering proper edge support and Amerisleep is not an exception. The edges of the soft upper layer do not hold out against the weight of an average user.
On the positive side, the absolutely plush and supportive nature of the upper visco-elastic layer resists motion transfer due to sudden movements at night.
What makes Amerisleep unique?
- Contouring memory foam layers – this hybrid memory foam/polyfoam mattress is able to yield the sleepers with rich sleeping experience. People who love memory foam and love the sinking cradling sensation can go with Amerisleep.
- Sleep-enhancing cover – the Celliant cover is a key feature of Amerisleep that balances the body temperature and optimizes your sleep. It is also known to regulate the blood flow so that you don’t have to wake up with a sore back.
- Multiple options – Amerisleep offers you different firmness levels that will support and comfort the body.
- Better warranty – While Amerisleep offers shorter trial period than Saatva, it makes up for the duration of warranty coverage by 5 years. As a matter of fact, 20 years is more than what many mattress brands offers in the industry that shows the confidence of Amerisleep in their products.
memory foam mattress
with A Luxury Feel
LIVE AND SLEEP MATTRESS20 years warranty Check Price the best and cheapest memory foam mattress online
Which one is the best – Saatva Vs Amerisleep?
You will love Saatva if you
- Want fast moving mattress with a dash of memory foam contouring
- Need good edge support. Thanks to the manufacturer, the innerspring steel coils offer themselves superior edge support.
- Want to invest less (or on a budget). The perfect blend of visco-elastic and innerspring offers you an excellent balance of support and comfort.
- Are not really committed to buying a luxury mattress. If this is your first-time online purchase, then Saatva is a safe bet for you.
You will love Amerisleep if you
- Love a mattress that contours as per your body shape and if you love the cradling feeling.
- Want a longer warranty period. Amerisleep offers fantastic warranty period (even though even the best brands do not last more than 7-8 years). Nevertheless, if you love a mattress with long warranty period, then this is the best.
- Are vigilant about the mattress that you sleep in. If you are specific about the level of firmness, comfort, and support, then Amerisleep provides you with different options for you to choose.
- Run a tight schedule. If you have an active and exhausting lifestyle, then Amerisleep offers you relaxed sleep by regulating the blood flow and easing out any strain in your joints. This will enhance the healing process that will help you wake up feeling refreshed.
We hope you find this guide helpful. Think we left out something? Share us your comments here.