Loom & Leaf mattresses are not cheap and As a matter of fact, It is expensive than most other memory foam mattresses. mattresses from most other brand names do not come with brand value. The price of the Loom & Leaf mattress is due to its material and its construction. And to make a mattress in the USA as opposed to a mattress imported from china or India, is usually expensive
Why Loom & Leaf Mattress
Excellent mattress for people who love the memory foam. The Loom & Leaf mattress is a pure memory foam mattress. if you are still one of those who like the memory mattress feel, the Loom & Leaf mattress will just be right for you.
Excellent for people who want motion isolation: the Loom & Leaf is sturdy and has very little motion transfer. A person can move on the other side of the matter and chances are you will never feel a thing. if you are a person who sleeps light and is disturbed by every twist and turn of your partner, the Loom & Leaf may just be right.
Top Reasons to Buy Loom and Leaf Mattress
The Loom & Leaf mattress construction
What’s so different about the Loom & Leaf mattress? Mattresses are often priced high and it is due to the price involved in manufacturing the product, and marketing it and even includes the price of space rented. An online store is expected to sell their mattress a bit cheaper but Loom & Leaf mattresses cost nearly the same as any other mattress sold in stores and sometimes even more. What makes Loom & Leaf mattresses so different?
- The mattress Cover : The cover or a Loom & Leaf mattress is made from hypoallergenic organic cotton. Organic cotton helps wick moisture and prevent building up heat. any synthetic fibre like polyester lasts a bit longer too but they tend to build up heat and don’t wick moisture. Cotton is the most preferred material for mattress covers and with organic cotton, problems like allergies can be avoided
- Lumbar Zone Quilting: Quitting is usually for the comfort of a mattress. People love a pillow top but then it’s also the layer which compromises the support of the mattress. The lumbar zone Quilting with plush foam and the Thistle Flame barrier in the centre third of the mattress adds comfort but also adds extra support where you need it most. The flame barriers are natural and plant-based, with no chemical flame retardants or fibreglass.
- Antimicrobial treatment is frowned upon usually due to the use of chemicals. But with Botanical Antimicrobial treatment, being organic and safe, the growth of bacteria, Mold and Mildew in the mattress is effectively prevented.
- The Gel-infused Lumbar Crown: the centre of the mattress is usually the part which suffers the most. There is a lot of weight in the centre area due to our body’s centre portion being heavier than the head or foot area. This results in the sagging of the mattress and eventually leads to back pain . The Gel-infused lumbar crown is the small portion of the mattress, in the centre area, which is specifically targeted for support with an extra layer of gel-infused foam. This layer provides better spinal alignment, relieves pressure points and enhances lower back support. The Gel infused lumbar crown is responsible for preventing sagging and increasing the durability of the Loom and Leaf mattress. this peculiar layer is not available in normal memory foam mattresses by other vendors.
- 2″ Gel infused Certipur-US certified layer prevents the mattress from being hot. Memory foam mattresses are not preferred for people who sleep hot. this is one problem with memory foam mattresses which are countered by gel foam. Gel foams are cooler but when it comes to Saatva, the gel foam layer is not the regular gel foam layer. its micro-perforations enable better airflow for enhanced breathability and keep the mattress cooler.
- memory foam mattress layers are usually soft and conforming. They also tend to sag over time. this is due to the density of the memory foam layers. a high-density memory foam layer may slow down the sagging process but will also make the mattress a bit hard and less conforming. a balance in density is key to making the mattress comfortable while also making mattress durable. the Loom & Leaf mattress uses 5lb Ultra premium memory foam as its 4th layer. the 2.5-inch memory foam layer provides a balance of comfort and support still giving you a body-hugging feel.
- The transitional foam layer is the layer which controls the comfort level of the mattress. While many of us may think the top layers are the ones responsible for the comfort of the mattress, it’s the layer between the base and the top layers which determines if your mattress is firm or medium firm or even soft. Yes, the top layers have a major role to play but the transitional layers are the ones which control the overall firmness. the 2-inch transitional loft pad helps transition pressure between the comfort layers on the top and the denser support foam layer on the bottom.
- The base layer is the key layer for all mattresses. they determine how good the mattress is. Stability, durability and overall support depend on the quality of the base. The base layer is usually dense foam, yet ensures that the top layers’ comfort is not compromised. one of the reasons Saatva Loom & Leaf mattresses do not come in a box is due to their dense base which is much harder to compress. A quality durable base is also expensive, a lot more than low-density foam.
|Organic, US-grown cotton. It also features a natural flame-retardant.
|This layer is the closest to the sleeper and is made using eco-friendly materials.
|Spinal Zone gel layer
|Gel panel is infused into this lumbar area of the mattress
|Keeps the hottest area cool by providing good airflow
|Gel foam layer
|Conforming Gel foam layer
|4lb memory foam with gel infusion.
|Keeps the sleeper cool
|Made using High-quality visco-elastic foam
|Gives extra comfort
|This layer is firmer in the “firm” and softer in the “relaxed firm.”
|Has the ability to create the overall firmness of the mattress and provides a lot of support.
|Foundational base layer
|A thick layer of high-density foam
|Is the solid foundation for the mattress
Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress Relaxed Firm Vs Firm
the comfort level of a mattress is usually a personal choice. Some people prefer a pillow top feel while others prefer a much flatter surface with a good level of support. no matter what your preferences are, they are also dependent on your sleep sides, the area you are located in and your weight. it’s common for heavy people to find a firm mattress just right and comfortable while a person who is below 130 lbs may find a medium firm mattress to be on the firmer side and supportive. also, a person who sleeps on their back may find a firmer mattress a lot more comfortable than a medium firm or soft mattress.
purchasing a mattress without actually feeling it may seem a bit difficult. How do you know if the mattress is firm enough or if the mattress is just right for you? All the numbers of comfort levels may look good on the screen or paper, but the doubt always lingers for anyone who purchases a mattress online.
Don’t worry. Chances are you will get it right if you know your weight and your sleeping sides.
If you are below 130 lbs or below. Choose a relaxed firm Loom & Leaf mattress. This mattress will be soft, yet supportive for you. chances are you will not feel like you are sleeping on a slab. No back pain issues and your mattress will last a good 7 years at least and still be as good as new. Even for back sleepers and stomach sleepers, this mattress may just be right for you. it may be a bit uncomfortable for you if you are a stomach sleeper or a back sleeper but surely more comfortable than a firm mattress. You are on the lighter side and a medium firm mattress is just right for you compared to a firm Lom and leaf mattress
if you are between 130 lbs and 180 lbs a side sleeper : Choose a Relaxed firm, Loom & Leaf mattress if you are in this weight range. This is just right for you and you will feel the plush feel of the mattress. it’s body-hugging and supportive at the same time. A firm mattress will give you aches in your body and you will feel a lot of problems with the support if you pick a firm mattress
If you are between 130 and 180 lbs and a back sleeper: This is the weight category which will require a Loom and Leaf firm mattress. A stomach sleeper or a back sleeper will need more support and especially when you sleep on your stomach. the mattress will align your spines perfectly on a firm mattress.
If you are above 180 lbs and below 240 lbs – Side sleeper: A firm mattress may be just right for you but will not be right yet. This is the weight category which will require considerations of a hybrid mattress . Many memory foam mattresses will not be right for you. Though the mattress will be supportive, you may still find a lot of mattresses, especially hybrids which will give you more comfort than pure memory foam. You may also find a memory foam mattress a lot hotter.
If you are above 180 lbs and below 240 lbs – Back and stomach sleeper: The firm mattress may be your only option but surely not as good as many hybrids in the industry. The firm mattress will be supportive enough for you but you will still lack the comforts provided by a hybrid mattress.
Above 240 lbs: both the relaxed firm or firm mattress, will not be the right option for you. Though Loom & Leaf does support up to 300 lbs, they recommend a Saatva classic or Saatva HD for a weight limit above 240 lbs. Chances are your mattress will not be as durable as they claim to be with the weight category.
Loom & Leaf with adjustable base for back pain
Loom & Leaf is a good mattress. Not the best but good. There are a few reasons this mattress is not suitable for everyone and every reason. The Saatva Loom & Leaf mattress is compatible with an adjustable base , but it’s only for comfort and not therapeutic reasons. Many people who have back pain issues are recommended an adjustable base to correct their sleeping position and alleviate back pain issues. The adjustable base alone can only contribute to a percentage of your recovery. Without the right mattress, unfortunately, it’s not as effective.
The Loom & Leaf mattress is not created with people suffering from back pain and other health-related issues in mind. Yes, they are supportive. They do work ok for people with slight back pain, especially due to an already existing mattress which is in bad shape, but the Loom & Leaf mattress is not the best solution for your back pain. there are other mattresses which will be perfect for your back pain , especially some of the hybrids.
With an adjustable base for your Loom & Leaf, tis all about fun and comfort. You can have a comfortable position to watch television or read a book in bed. Maybe even have a long night talking or cuddling with your partner in an adjustable bed with a Loom & Leaf mattress but don’t expect anything more.
A hybrid alternative to Loom & Leaf Mattress
A hybrid mattress is a lot better than a Loom & Leaf memory foam mattress. The best alternative to a Loom & Leaf mattress is the Saatva classic. the Saatva classic is cheaper, Has 3 different comfort levels and is a mattress which will be a lot more comfortable than the Loom & Leaf mattress. The Saatva classic is also designed for people with back pain and other health issues in mind. the only drawback of the Saatva classic is that it’s not compatible with adjustable bases. in every other aspect, the Saatva classic excels with the Loom & Leaf mattress. Even in price.
Who the Loom & Leaf mattress is NOT for
People with back pain and other health issues: The Loom & Leaf mattress is surely supportive but not the best solution, especially when considering long-term health concerns. Choose a mattress which is more supportive and responsive, preferably a hybrid if you are looking for a mattress for back pain issues or other health-related issues
Not for sexually active couples: Yes the Loom & Leaf mattress is good but memory foam mattresses do have 2 issues which are not good for sexually active couples. One, they tend to sleep hot and two, they do not have the bounce required for sex .
Not for people who sleep hot: Yes the mattress has gel foam and perforated memory foam layers and all the design which is required for a mattress to keep cool but it will be hotter than many hybrid mattresses or latex mattresses in the industry.
Reasons for Loom & Leaf mattress Sagging and its warranty
The Loom & Leaf mattress comes with a lifetime warranty, but it does not cover sagging. Mattresses will sag over time with constant use. You can reduce the sagging to some extent by rotating the mattress every other month but this will not prevent it from sagging eventually. At some point in time, you will find that your mattress has dents in some areas. this is usually in the centre portion where your weight is highest.
Saatva mattress , ages and sags relatively slowly, thanks to the Lumbar crown layer in the middle, but after 4-5 years of constant use you will that the dents start to form, eventually sagging. This creates problems in your back and spinal area, due to poor spinal alignment. When you see that the mattress is sagging, it’s usually time to replace your mattress.
Also, note that sagging is more common in mattresses when the user is of higher weight. it doesn’t matter if it’s a relaxed firm or a firm mattress, your mattress will sag eventually.
unfortunately, Sagging is not covered by warranty as it’s natural wear and tear of the mattress due to usage. Only manufacture defects are covered by the lifetime warranty.
Mattresses compared with Loom & Leaf.
Loom & Leaf, compared to other memory foam mattresses, tend to be more expensive than its competition but performs a bit better in some cases. Some mattresses are better than Loom & Leaf in certain aspects while failing in others. Below are some brands and how they compare with Loom & Leaf.
- Zenhaven Vs Loom & Leaf
- Bear Vs Loom & Leaf
- Leesa Vs Loom and Leaf Mattress
- Nectar Vs Loom & Leaf Mattress
- Amerisleep Vs Loom & Leaf mattress
- Saatva Classic Vs Loom and Leaf Mattress
Q: What are the main differences between the Loom and Leaf Relaxed Firm and Firm mattresses?
A: The Loom and Leaf Relaxed Firm mattress offers a softer feel with enhanced contouring and pressure relief, while the Firm mattress provides a firmer surface with more support and less sinkage.
Q: Which mattress is better for back sleepers?
A: Both the Loom and Leaf Relaxed Firm and Firm mattresses can accommodate back sleepers. The choice depends on personal preference, with the Relaxed Firm offering a balance of support and plushness, while the Firm provides a firmer feel for those who prefer more support.
Q: Are these mattresses suitable for side sleepers?
A: Yes, both the Loom and Leaf Relaxed Firm and Firm mattresses can be suitable for side sleepers. The Relaxed Firm offers better contouring and pressure relief for sensitive areas like shoulders and hips, while the Firm provides more support for proper spinal alignment.
Q: Do these mattresses sleep hot?
A: The Loom and Leaf mattresses incorporate cooling features such as gel-infused foams and breathable covers to help dissipate heat and maintain a comfortable sleep temperature. However, individual experiences may vary depending on personal preferences and sensitivity to temperature.
Q: Do these mattresses have motion isolation properties?
A: Yes, both the Loom and Leaf Relaxed Firm and Firm mattresses are designed to minimize motion transfer. This means that movements by one person on the bed are less likely to disturb their partner, promoting undisturbed sleep.
Q: Can these mattresses be used with an adjustable bed frame?
A: Yes, the Loom and Leaf mattresses are compatible with most adjustable bed frames, allowing you to customize your sleeping position for added comfort and support.
Q: What is the expected lifespan of these mattresses?
A: The Loom and Leaf mattresses are constructed with high-quality materials and are designed to provide long-lasting comfort. On average, these mattresses can last between 8 to 10 years with proper care and maintenance.
Q: Do these mattresses come with a sleep trial and warranty?
A: Yes, Loom and Leaf typically offers a sleep trial period that allows customers to try the mattress in their own home. Additionally, the mattresses come with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects.
Q: Can I use a box spring or foundation with these mattresses?
A: Yes, the Loom and Leaf mattresses are compatible with various foundations, including box springs, platform beds, adjustable bases, and solid foundations. Ensure that the chosen foundation provides adequate support and meets the mattress manufacturer’s recommendations.
Q: Are there any specific care instructions for these mattresses?
A: It is recommended to follow the care instructions provided by the manufacturer. Generally, rotating the mattress periodically and using a mattress protector can help maintain its condition and prolong its lifespan.