Bear and Puffy mattresses are leading companies with a range of mattresses. Puffy mattress is targeted towards the luxury mattress at an affordable price range while Bear mattress focuses on Mattresses for athletes for faster recovery.
Designed for Athletes
The Bear Mattress delivers unparalleled comfort and support, specifically tailored for active lifestyles. Engineered with advanced cooling technology, it ensures a restful sleep by dissipating heat, while responsive foam conforms to your body, relieving pressure points. Ideal for athletes, it promotes faster recovery and deep, uninterrupted rest. The mattress minimizes motion transfer, guaranteeing peaceful sleep for you and your partner. Crafted with premium materials and designed for optimal recovery, the Bear Mattress provides the perfect blend of comfort and innovation, helping you wake up refreshed and revitalized each day.
- Designed For Athletes
- Celliant Cover for Faster recovery
- Free Shipping and Delivery
- 100 Night Trial
- 10 Year Warranty
- Graphite Gel Memory Foam
- Pressure Relieving
- Medium Firm – Firm
- Cooler Sleep
- Free Sheets, pillows and protectors (on Offer)
- $796 For Queen
|High-density foam, memory foam, and
|Cooling Cloud foam, memory foam, and
|Excellent edge support
|Good support and pressure relief
|Minimal motion transfer
|Minimal motion transfer
|Breathable cover and cooling foam
|Cooling Cloud foam and ClimateComfort
|Targeted pressure relief in key areas
|Pressure-relieving foam layers
|High-quality materials and construction
|High-quality materials and construction
|$600 – $1,350 (queen size)
|$795 – $1,595 (queen size)
The Bear Mattress
The Bear Mattress comes with Graphite Gel Memory foam for a cooler sleep and Pressure relief. The mattress has 3 layers. The best feature of the Bear mattress is the Celliant sheet. The Celliant sheets are researched and tested for better recovery among athletes. The bear mattress is known to help athletes recover from daily fatigue. The mattress works well for people with back pain and body aches. the mattress is pressure-relieving, relatively cool, and supportive. The price of a bear mattress is much cheaper than most memory foam mattresses in the market with the Queen mattress at $796. The company offers free sheets, 2 pillows, and a protector free on offer (while stocks last) worth $375. The shipping and returns are free. The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty and a 100-night trial.
The Puffy Mattress
The Puffy mattress comes with cooling gel technology to keep the mattress cool. The mattress has 3 layers and a Washable sheet that is stain resistant. The mattress is pressure-relieving, hypoallergenic, and cool to touch. The mattress is perfect for all sleeper types, may it be stomach sleepers, side sleepers, or back sleepers. Puffy Offers enhanced spinal alignment for people who have back-related issues. The Puffy mattress comes with a lifetime warranty and a 101-night trial. Returns and shipping are free. Shipping by FedEx assures delivery in 1-3 working days.
Bear vs Puffy Mattress
Puffy Price Compared to Bear By Size
The Puffy mattress stands out in all areas except for the cover and the price. The price of the mattress is a few dollars more than that of the Bear mattress. The difference is around $50 for the queen mattress. the bear also provides free protectors, sheets, and pillows along with their mattress which is around $375. And the bear mattress has a Celliant cover, which is known to help people recover from fatigue, especially those involved in sports. Apart from that, the puffy excels in every other area. The 101-night trial is the same as that of the bear mattress but the lifetime warranty surely is a winner. The Gel foam cooling, pressure-relieving features and a mattress that can support all sleeping types are giving the puffy mattress an edge over the bare mattress. The 1-3 day FedEx FREE shipping is also a great advantage when it comes to puffy.
The puffy mattress seems to have a better edge than the bear mattress. the Puffy mattresses are medium-firm as compared to the firmer bear mattress, The cooling features are a bit better and the covers are washable and stain-resistant. Puffy has got most of the things going right. If you are wondering how to make your puffy better, Simply get a Celliant sheet from bear and put it on a puffy, and there you go!!! You have one of the best mattresses, combining the benefits of Bear on a puffy and it costs just a few dollars more!
Both Bear and Puffy mattresses have three layers of foam and a removable cover. However, the types of foam and the cover materials are different.
|Celliant fabric and polyester blend
|Polyester and spandex blend
|2 inches of graphite-gel memory foam
|2 inches of Cooling Cloud gel-infused memory foam
|2 inches of responsive transition foam
|2 inches of Climate Comfort temperature-resistant polyfoam
|6 inches of high-density support foam
|6 inches of Firm Core Support polyfoam
The cover of the Bear mattress is made with Celliant fabric, which is a special material that converts body heat into infrared energy and reflects it back to the body. This is supposed to help with muscle recovery, blood circulation, and sleep quality. The cover is also breathable and soft to the touch.
The cover of the Puffy mattress is made with polyester and spandex blend, which is stretchy and cozy. The cover is also stain-resistant and machine washable, which makes it easy to keep clean.
The top layer of the Bear mattress is made with graphite-gel memory foam, which is a type of memory foam that has graphite and gel particles infused into it. This helps to draw heat away from the body and provide pressure relief. The top layer also has an open-cell structure that allows for more airflow.
The top layer of the Puffy mattress is made with Cooling Cloud gel-infused memory foam, which is also a type of memory foam that has gel beads infused into it. This also helps to dissipate heat and provide pressure relief. The top layer also has a cloud-like feel that contours to the body.
The middle layer of the Bear mattress is made with responsive transition foam, which is a type of polyfoam that has a quick response to pressure. This helps to provide support and prevent sinking too deep into the mattress. The middle layer also acts as a buffer between the soft top layer and the firm base layer.
The middle layer of the Puffy mattress is made with Climate Comfort temperature-resistant polyfoam, which is a type of polyfoam that has a consistent feel regardless of the room temperature. This helps to prevent fluctuations in firmness and comfort due to changes in weather. The middle layer also provides support and cushioning.
The base layer of both mattresses is made with high-density support foam, which is a type of polyfoam that provides durability and stability to the mattress. The base layer also supports the weight of the sleeper and the other layers.
Comfort is a subjective factor that depends on personal preferences and sleeping positions. However, we can compare Bear and Puffy mattresses on some general aspects of comfort, such as firmness, pressure relief, and spinal alignment.
Firmness: Both mattresses have a medium-firm feel, but Bear is slightly firmer than Puffy. On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is the firmest, Bear scores around 7 while Puffy scores around 6. This means that both mattresses can accommodate most sleepers, but Bear may be more suitable for back and stomach sleepers who need more support, while Puffy may be more suitable for side sleepers who need more cushioning.
Pressure relief: Both mattresses offer good pressure relief due to their memory foam top layers that conform to the body’s curves and distribute weight evenly. However, Puffy may offer more pressure relief than Bear due to its softer feel and cloud-like sensation. Puffy may be more effective at relieving pressure points on the shoulders, hips, and knees for side sleepers.
Spinal alignment: Both mattresses can help maintain proper spinal alignment due to their supportive middle and base layers that prevent excessive sagging or sinking. However, Bear may offer better spinal alignment than Puffy due to its firmer feel and responsive transition layer that keep the spine in a neutral position. Bear may be more beneficial for back and stomach sleepers who need more lumbar support.
Apart from construction and comfort, there are some other factors that may affect your decision when choosing between Bear and Puffy mattresses. These include:
Temperature regulation: Both mattresses have features that help regulate temperature and prevent overheating. Bear has a Celliant cover that reflects infrared energy back to the body, a graphite-gel memory foam layer that draws heat away from the body, and an open-cell structure that allows for more airflow. Puffy has a Cooling Cloud gel-infused memory foam layer that dissipates heat away from the body and a Climate Comfort temperature-resistant polyfoam layer that prevents fluctuations in firmness due to changes in weather. However, both mattresses are still made of memory foam, which tends to trap heat more than other materials. Therefore, neither mattress may be ideal for hot sleepers who prefer a cooler sleeping surface.
Motion isolation: Both mattresses have excellent motion isolation due to their all-foam construction that absorbs movement and reduces disturbance. This means that both mattresses are suitable for couples who share a bed and want to minimize motion transfer from one partner to another. However, Puffy may have slightly better motion isolation than Bear due to its softer feel and cloud-like sensation that isolate motion more effectively.
Edge support: Both mattresses have poor edge support due to their all-foam construction that compresses easily under pressure. This means that both mattresses may not provide enough support or stability along the edges of the bed, which may make them feel smaller or less secure. This may be an issue for people who like to sit or sleep near the edge of the bed or who need more space on the bed.
Durability: Both mattresses have good durability due to their high-density support foam layers that provide longevity and resilience. However, both mattresses are still made of memory foam, which tends to sag or lose shape over time more than other materials. Therefore, neither mattress may be very durable in the long run compared to other types of mattresses.
Warranty: Both mattresses come with generous warranties that cover manufacturing defects and material flaws. However, Puffy offers a lifetime warranty while Bear offers a 10-year warranty. This means that Puffy may provide more value and protection than Bear in case of any issues with the mattress.
Trial period: Both mattresses come with generous trial periods that allow you to test out the mattress at home before making a final decision. However, Puffy offers a 101-night trial period while Bear offers a 100-night trial period. This means that Puffy gives you one extra night to try out the mattress compared to Bear.
Price: Both mattresses are affordable compared to other online brands, but Bear is slightly cheaper than Puffy. The prices for each size are as follows:
Note: These prices are before any discounts or promotions that may be available at any given time.
1. What are the main differences between the Bear and Puffy mattresses? The main differences between the Bear and Puffy mattresses lie in their firmness levels, materials used, and cooling technologies. The Bear mattress is medium-firm, while Puffy offers a medium firmness level. Additionally, Bear incorporates high-density foam and memory foam with a Celliant cover for improved recovery, while Puffy utilizes Cooling Cloud foam and ClimateComfort foam layers for enhanced cooling.
2. Which mattress offers better motion isolation? Both the Bear and Puffy mattresses excel in minimizing motion transfer. They feature foam layers that absorb and isolate movement, making them suitable for couples or individuals who don’t want to be disturbed by their partner’s movements during sleep.
3. Do these mattresses provide adequate support? Both mattresses offer good support. The Bear mattress is known for its excellent edge support, which prevents sagging and allows for a wider usable sleep surface. Puffy mattresses, on the other hand, provide good support and pressure relief thanks to their foam layers.
4. How do the mattresses handle temperature regulation? Both Bear and Puffy mattresses have features designed to regulate temperature. Bear uses a breathable cover and cooling foam layers to promote airflow and prevent heat buildup. Puffy incorporates Cooling Cloud foam and ClimateComfort foam layers to provide a cool and comfortable sleep experience.
5. Are these mattresses suitable for relieving pressure points? Both the Bear and Puffy mattresses offer pressure relief benefits. Bear utilizes targeted pressure relief in key areas to alleviate pressure points and promote better spinal alignment. Puffy incorporates pressure-relieving foam layers that contour to the body, providing relief from pressure points.
6. How durable are these mattresses? Both mattresses are constructed using high-quality materials, ensuring durability and longevity. Bear and Puffy mattresses are designed to withstand regular use and offer lasting comfort and support for years to come.
7. What are the trial periods and warranties offered? Bear offers a 100-night trial period, allowing customers to try the mattress and decide if it’s the right fit. They also provide a 10-year warranty to cover any manufacturing defects. Puffy offers a longer trial period of 101 nights and backs their mattresses with a lifetime warranty, demonstrating their confidence in the product’s quality.
8. How do the prices compare? The price range for the Bear mattress is typically between $600 and $1,350 (queen size), while the Puffy mattress ranges from $795 to $1,595 (queen size). It’s important to consider the features, materials, and warranty when evaluating the value offered by each mattress.