This article is supported by our readers. We earn a commission through links with no extra cost to you.
Key Differences & Unique Qualities
The saatva mattress is a Luxury Hybrid Memory foam mattress. The Nectar mattress is a Gel Foam mattress. The differences are evident. At the end of the day all mattresses are not the same and each mattress has its own set of pros and cons. Comparing Saatva vs nectar is comparing 2 different mattress types and both of them, almost entirely different. For one, i would say that the only common thing in these 2 mattresses are that they are mattresses. Apart from that, both these mattresses are different in every way from construction to comfort and price.
|Warranty/ Guarantee||15 Years||Lifetime|
|Trial||120 Nights||365 Nights|
|Type||Luxury Hybrid||Gel Foam|
|Firmness||3 Firmness Levels||Medium Firm|
Certified by Doctors. Relax Faster. Best mattresses for a Good nights sleep
The construction of the mattress determines the quality and its life. If the mattress is made of the right material and is constructed on a firm base with the right springs and foams, the mattress will last a lot longer. Technically, a pure foam or pure latex mattress will outlast a spring mattress. The nectar mattress has an advantage over the saatva mattress because its a pure foam mattress. The nectar mattress is stable, firm and built to last. The guarantee and warranty of the product is the reflection of the type of mattress in this case.
- Firmness : The Saatva mattress comes in 3 firmness levels. The plush soft, medium firm and the firm. The nectar mattress offers one single firmness in their mattresses. Though its rated medium firm, it’s more on the firm side till you break into the mattress. This takes approximately 2-3 weeks. The varied firmness levels in the saatva mattress makes it one of the best options for buyers.
- Cover :The Saatva mattress comes with a cotton cover with a quilted top. The Nectar mattress uses Tencel covers for a natural cooling effect. Both the covers are excellent, but the Cotton covers from Saatva offer a luxurious feel.
- Comfort layer : Right under the quilted top comes the most important layer for all the mattress and the comfort layer plays the role of just what it says. Comfort. The Nectar mattress has Gel memory foam as its comfort layer. The Gel foam not only provides the benefits of memory foam which includes conformance and support but also keeps away heat, which is a major problem in Memory foam. The saatva mattress on the other hand uses high quality memory foam. The construction of the saatva mattress ensures that there is no extra heat on the mattress while you are sleeping. The Coiled construction enables better air movement and keeps heat in control
- Pillow top: Both the Mattresses, NEctar and saatva come with a quilted top. The saatva comes with a euro pillow top and the nectar sports a quilted tencel covered pillow top. When it comes to comfort, both the mattresses feel just about the same. The soft cotton in the Saatva gives you a luxurious feel and the tencel covers on the Nectar enables cooling. Personally, its the cotton cover which most people prefer.
- Pocketed coils : the Nectar mattress is a Full Memory foam mattress. There are no springs involved and the construction is plain and simple. Layers of memory foam arranged in a particular manner packed in a mattress cover with the right edge supporting frame. There is nothing fancy about this mattress but then, the memory foam mattresses lasts longer due to its simple construction. On the other hand, the saatva has a coil over coil construction with the top coils encased. This provides excellent bounce, more air flow and better comfort. The saatva mattress is luxurious due to its construction and the encased coil over coil design plays a major part.
- Mattress Selection : The Saatva mattress company offers 3 different firmness levels in their mattress. The company also manufactures their own brand of Latex mattress (zenhaven) and Pure memory foam mattresses( Loom and Leaf) to choose from . The choices are wide when it comes to the mattress selection from saatva. On the contrary, the Nectar sleep mattresses come in 2 different varieties , The nectar Memory foam mattress and the NEctar Lush mattresses. The lush mattress is a bit more on the Luxury side but surely does not match the Luxury of the saatva. Moreover, there are no firmness choices when it comes to the nectar mattress.
- Motion Transfer : The Biggest problem with Coil mattress is the motion transfer. If you or your partner is a light sleeper or have problems going to bed, toss and turn etc, the saatva mattress may be a small problem here. Though the company does state that there is minimal motion transfer in the mattress and it’s tested, the comparison with a pure memory foam mattress will put most coil mattresses behind. The nectar mattress, being a pure memory foam mattress stands a higher chance of winning the motion transfer battle. With pure memory foam chances of movement is not noticeable at all.
- Edge Support : The saatva mattress has a dedicated perimeter edge support for its mattress. The pure high density foam ensures that the edges are firm and supportive. The coil construction on the edge too is designed with a higher density to provide better edge comfort. The Nectar mattress on the other hand does not have any measures to provide a better edge support at all. Though the edge support of the nectar mattress is good, it’s not in any way good in comparison to the saatva mattress.
- Durability : Mattresses are expensive and durability is one of the key factors everyone looks into. How long should your mattress last? Anywhere between 8-10 years is a good number. If your mattress lasts longer than 8 years, its worth every buck you have spent on it, if you have used it well. The saatva mattress offers a 15 year warranty and the Nectar sleep offers a lifetime warranty. But that does not mean the mattress is going to last those many years. A mattress which is moderately good usually lasts 4-5 years. A good mattress will last you up to 10 years. If your mattress lasts more than 10 years, it still isn’t any good for you because it will create problems for your health. Over the years it would have accumulated a lot of dust and dirt which is not easy to clean up. The only better option would be to discard it. With that said, Spring mattresses usually don’t last as long as memory foam mattresses. The nectar sleep mattress, though extremely durable when compared to the saatva, will need to be replaced after 10 years. And yes, the saatva lasts 10 good years.
- Off-gassing : Off gassing is a concern in most mattresses which come in a box. The nectar sleep mattress being a mattress which comes in a box takes time to expand and releases some small amount of toxins in the air for 6-7 hours. Its safe to use the mattress after one day but we recommend that you air the nectar sleep mattress for at least 3 days before using it. The saatva mattress on the other hand comes ready to use. No matter what, its important to air the mattress for at least 24 hours before use.
- Temperature Neutrality: Temperature neutrality or heat retention in a mattress has been a concern since the introduction of memory foam in mattresses. The traditional; cotton mattresses used to accumulate heat over the sleep time but not as much as memory foam. Over time, with the invention of gel memory foam, heat retention was in control. With added technology and inclusion of spring with memory foam, temperature could be controlled even further. The nectar sleep mattress uses gel foam to control heat while the saatva mattress is a coil mattress which has free flow of air and helps the mattress breath better. Overall, both the mattresses do equally well when it comes to heat retention.
- Noise : The advantage of a Pure memory foam mattress lies in its comfort. With that said, the Noise problem in a spring mattress is not uncommon for many. Its annoying to hear your bed squeak everytime you toss or turn and embarassing when you are having sex. A bed with noise problems is more or less like announcing that you are having sex to the person next door. Even if they can’t hear it, you don’t feel comfortable with the squeaks. Its not fun having sex and thinking about the noise at the same time. Nectar sleep matters is a pure foam mattress. No springs, no noise. Period. The saatva mattress on the other hand has encased springs on a coil over coil design. A lot of springs. Initially the mattress works great. The embedded coil not only provides great support but is also mute. No noise at all. Over a period of time though, the mattress will eventually give in, specially the bottom spring layer. This is when your noise problem will start. Thankfully, it will take a long long time before it happens and by then you would have to change your mattress anyways!
- Sex : Some people prefer to sink in the mattress while having sex, while others love a bounce. What is your preference. PErsonally, the Saatva mattress is conforming and bouncy. A perfect combination for active lovers. The nectar sleep mattress is good but without the bounce… you feel a bit let down, unless you are the slow, Sensual kind who wouldn’t rock the bed during action.
Most Affordable Mattress in the Market with 365 night trial and a Lifetime warranty
Sizing and Pricing
The nectar mattress is a budget mattress. Its cheap, effective and simply works as a mattress. Good to sleep on but nothing extravagant and the price reflects what is offered. The saatva mattress is a luxury mattress. The cotton is organic, the foam is high quality and the Coils are encased. The craftsmanship is excellent and exudes luxury. The price for the Saatva, when you compare the quality of the mattress, is worth every penny.
- Delivery : The saatva mattress does come with Free white glove delivery. This includes the mattress setup and mattress removal and all without any extra cost. The delivery company will call you beforehand to fix a time and date at your convenience. You can call and reschedule if the time is not convenient for you. The nectar mattress does have Mattress removal and whiteglove delivery services but at an extra cost of $145. Though it may not be an exorbitant price to pay for mattress removal , its actually a bit higher if you just want the mattress setup. The nectar mattress comes in a box and unlike the saatva mattress which is hard to carry to your desired room, the NEctar mattress is easier to move before its open and expanded. White glove mattress may be a good option if you are looking for Mattress setup and mattress removal, but not for mattress setup alone.
- Back support : The saatva Mattress is manufactured not just for Luxury but also keeping in mind people with back problems. May it be a spinal surgery or a constant back pain, The saatva mattress is perfect for your problem, Specially the medium firm option. With chiropractors’ seal of confidence, the saatva mattress has always been a choice for people with spinal injuries and it carries forward to all people with back problems. The Nectar mattress on the other hand is a simple mattress. Its medium firm mattress is complained to be a bit too firm for most people. There is no testing for back problems or support. Though the company does claim that the mattress is supportive and one of the best for back problems, there is little evidence to these claims.
- Pressure Relief : Memory foam mattresses were known to be the best for pressure relief for a long time now. But with new technology and innovation in the mattress industry, the hybrid mattress is known to have better pressure relief than ever. The combination of Memory foam and spring helps with pressure relief throughout the body. The saatva mattress has one of the best pressure relieving features. The extensive and exhausting testing puts the saatva mattress as one of the best mattress with pressure relieving capabilities. The NEctar sleep mattress is good. The foam does a decent job in pressure relief but lacks in all measures when in comparison to the saatva mattress
- Supportiveness : The saatva mattress has a high density foam for support. The foam is supported by a layer of steel coils for better bounce. The mattress is tested for the best support. The nectar mattress provides excellent support too and there is not much of a difference when it comes to the support provided by either mattresses
- People With Back Pain : People with Back problems and back pain should opt for the Saatva mattress. The saatva mattress comes in 3 firmness levels and is tested for people with back pain. If you are heavy, chances are that a medium firm mattress will feel a bit too soft for you. The firm mattress option by saatva should be a perfect choice for you. With Nectar, you may find the mattress too firm for a normal weight and too soft for someone who is heavy. Moreover, its not tested for people with back problems
- Couples : When it comes to mattress choice it’s easy if you are considering only one person. When 2 people are involved there are a lot of factors which come into play because both of the users may have different preferences. You may also need to factor in motion isolation, age and sex. If you are active in bed, Young (below 50) you may love the saatva mattress because its excellent for its support and provides excellent support while having sex. For people above the age of 50 it gives therapeutic effect, support and pressure relief. Its excellent for back problems and back pain too. The Nectar mattress on the other hand is good when it comes to motion isolation. Its also great if you are medium weight and want an affordable mattress with mediocre support. If you dont have a back problem and love being cuddled or have a cozy feel when you are into sex, the Nectar may be a good option.
- Heavy People : The thickness of the mattress usually determines how long your mattress will last and also how much weight it can carry. The saatva mattress is known to be heavy and supportive for people who are heavy. The Firm mattress, 14.5” height specifically is known to be excellent for people with weight issues. The nectar mattress is supportive enough but for heavy people this mattress may have a plush feel even though the mattress is rated medium firm.
- Sleep Position Ratings : The nectar mattress is good for people who are medium weight and it rates equally well on all sleeping positions. It’s good for back sleepers if you are lightweight but not as comfortable for side sleepers and stomach sleepers. For heavy people, avoid this mattress if you are a stomach sleeper. The saatva mattress works great for all sleeping positions and rates excellent for stomach sleepers if you are normal weight. The mattress may not be very comfortable if you are overweight and a stomach sleeper.
- Sleep Trial : Saatva Offers a 120 night trial for all their mattresses. Its good enough to make a decision. If you dont like the mattress, you can always replace the mattress or return them for an additional cost of $100 for shipping the mattress back. The NEctar sleep goes all out on their trial and offers a 365 night trial.
- WArranty: NEctar mattress again does a great job with their warranty with a