This article is supported by our readers. We earn a commission through links with no extra cost to you.
Nectar Sleep Mattress
365 night Home trial
Free shipping and returns
Finance Facility Available
Tencel cooling cover
Certipur Certified foam
Gel Memory foam
Nectar Sleep Mattress Sizes – King, Queen, California King, Twin
The mattress is available in the following six sizes. Check out the dimensions and specs here.
- Twin – 39” x 75” x 11” – weighs 45 lbs
- Twin XL – 39” x 80” x 11” – weighs 48 lbs
- Full – 54” x 75” x 11” – weighs 68 lbs
- Queen – 60” x 80” x 11” – weighs 74 lbs
- King – 76” x 80” x 11” – weighs 89 lbs
- Cal King – 72” x 84” x 11” – weighs 89 lbs
- Amazon 78% 78%
- Sleepopolis 86% 86%
- Sleepadvisor 96% 96%
- sleep sherpa 94% 94%
- The Sleep Judge 80% 80%
- Real Mattress Review 98% 98%
- Memory foam Talk 96% 96%
Durability : The Nectar sleep Mattress comes with 365 night trial and a Lifetime warranty. Durability? Sure! The mattress is durable and that’s the only reasons the company offers you the warranty of a life time. Yes there have been complaints from customers who have purchased the nectar sleep mattress but none of the complaints I have come across related to the durability of the mattress. The mattress was found to be very durable and comfortable over the long run. The first few days of the mattress has been hard for some. The mattress was not conforming , there was some odor issues and so on, but durability was never a question. There are Reviews on Reddit from customers who have owned the nectar sleep mattress for over 3 years now and are having a good sleep. Rest assured when it comes to the lifespan of the mattress. This one is built to last a long time.
Construction: The Nectar mattress has 4 layers. 3 memory foam layer and a dense base layer. Its constructed to be durable. You can expect the nectar mattress to last a long time.
Shipping & Delivery : While the Normal delivery will take 4-8 days, the white glove services may take a bit more. All the mattresses are shipped from local distribution points in the US. That said, the White glove services may take time due to scheduling. During holidays it may take a few days more . Shipping is through FedEx and they deliver your package at your door step. White glove services cost $149 and is usually not needed if all you want to do is setup the mattress. If you purchase an adjustable base of a frame, you may need to consider white glove services as it may take time to set it up (though no special skills are required for it either). Once the mattress is shipped, you will be provided with a tracking code. If you have ordered through white glove services, don’t worry about the zip code or difference in the address. Your product will reach you through your distribution center.
Finance : Nectar sleep provides finance facility through Affirm. Affirm requires you to sign up for their services and get pre approved. Approval is usually free of cost and is instant. You have a 30 page form to fill with basic details of your employment, bank details etc. to complete the process. Almost all of them are basic and you could fill out the form in 15 to 20 minutes. Finance can be obtained for 3 month, 6 month or 12 month period for a set interest rate. Always read through before getting a finance, 3rd party or directly from the vendor. Its not uncommon to see some customers lose more money than they intended because of interest charges and other fees by finance companies.
Blog : Nectar sleep blog is a very active place for recommendations on maintaining your mattress, getting better sleep and a lot more. You can also read through interviews from people who have owned a nectar sleep mattress and know what they feel about the mattress. Yes it’s a lot of advertising but there are a lot of helpful information you could use before purchasing your new mattress. The articles in the blog are very detailed and helpful (specially if you are looking to sleep better). Even if you are not going to purchase the nectar sleep mattress, the blog is a wonderful place to gain information on everything related to sleep.
Problems, Complaints and Negative Reviews : Two major problems stand out when I look through all the negative reviews about the Nectar sleep mattress.
- Off gassing : Some people have clearly mentioned that off gassing is a big problem with the nectar sleep mattress. The room smells of wet paint for up to 3 days. We recommend that you leave the mattress after setup for a week before you use it. Leave the windows and doors open if you can . Let the chemical smell out for a while before using the mattress. Yes the company says that you can use the mattress in 72 hours after its fully inflated. That’s 3 days and for 3 days the off gassing will remain. Its not toxic but nobody likes the smell of chemicals . Surely not when you are in bed. People have complained about headache the next morning due to the smell. The mistake was to sleep on the mattress a few hours after it was setup.
- Poor inflation : this was a complaint by 3-4 customers. The head and foot area of the mattress was not completely inflated even after 3 days. The center portion though was fully inflated to the desired size. The mattress was replaced by nectar sleep for no extra cost, but then not everyone wants to go through the hassle of replacement and the inconvenience related to the same.
Yes there have been common problems related to the mattress being too hard or too firm but its more or less related to preferences and ones which can always be corrected with a topper . If you find any other concerns, please do leave a comment below. We would love to add them to our section here.
Exchange & Return Policy : Nectar sleep has a good exchange and return policy. If the mattress is faulty and if it’s the manufacturer at fault, you can be assured of an exchange. Returns are coordinated with you for local donations. You will have to provide the bill of donation for the refund to process. Guidance and assisitance for the same is provided by nectar sleep.
Warranty & Guarantee : Your mattress has lifetime warranty. If the mattress has any defect through out its lifetime, you can always claim the warranty where the mattress will be repaired or replaced depending on the condition of the mattress. There are a lot of gray lines on the warranty. For instance, any spills, normal wear and tear etc will not be covered. For details on the warranty, please check out the Nectar sleep warranty page at https://www.nectarsleep.com/p/warranty/. Be sure to read the entire documentation to avoid any problems in the future. You are expected to hold on to the receipt of purchase because the warranty is only valid for the purchaser. Defect due to improper foundations will not be covered. There are a lot more clauses and you would want to check for the same at the original warranty page.