Accu-Gold mattresses are the cheaper alternative for Tempurpedic and therapeutic mattresses. It is excellent in relieving the pressure points and supports the body very well. The Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattress is ideal for a single person to have enough space of sleep on a comfortable platform that relieves all the pressure of the day.
You can buy Accu-Gold 5.3 Visco Elastic Memory Foam mattress from Amazon, eBay, WalMart and from other popular mattress stores online. The mattress is cheaper and economical for its superior performance in pressure reduction and support.
This 2 layered twin XL mattress could offer a durable and more comfortable bed that can naturally resist microbes and mites. The 5-inch thick support base and 3-inch thick visco layer make up to the 8-inch mattress.
The Accu-Gold mattresses can easily get back in shape and show better resilience. The mattress could cradle the body to comfort and get back to its real shape when the body weight is off. This makes it more durable as well.
The thickest mattresses of 13-inch mattresses have 3 layers of foam. The visco layer of these mattresses would be 2 in number that would be 3 and 2 inches in thickness. The base layer is 8 inches in thickness.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress User Reviews & Ratings
The Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattress has an average rating of 4.4 from across the various online stores. Amazon and Overstock both rate this at 4.4. The durability, recovery time for the bed and the luxurious feel of the mattress are the best features.
Best Mattress Models from Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Models
The unique feature of Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattress models is that they have an open cell structure that allows better air circulation through the mattress. This keeps the mattress fresh and non-stuffy. The heat and moisture are also eliminated with the air movements to keep the Accu-Gold mattresses one of the coolest mattresses. In fact, the Accu-Gold 5.3 Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattresses have a higher rate of air flow through them.
The models you can find are 6 inches, 8, 10 and 13 inches in thickness. All the models have only 2 layers of memory foam. They only differ in the thickness of the base and top layers. The popular models are
- 6 –inch Queen Size Accu-Gold 5.3 Visco elastic memory foam mattress bed: This queen sized mattress has a 4-inch Accu-flex medium firm base layer and a 2-inch Accu-Gold 5.3 visco elastic memory foam layer on the top. The size of this mattress would be 60 x 80 inches in length and width. The comfort level is medium firm that would be comfortable for most.
- 8 –inch Twin XL Size Accu-Gold 5.3 visco elastic memory foam mattress bed: This 8-inch thick mattress is made of an Accu-Flex medium firm base layer that is 5 inches in thickness and a top layer of Accu-Gold Visco memory foam of 3-inch thickness. The size of the mattress would be 38 x 80 inches. The mattress is not too heavy and can be handled by a young child. It makes a cozy little teenage bed.
- 10 –inch Full/Double Size Accu-Gold 5.3 Visco elastic memory foam mattress bed: This 10-inch mattress has only 2 layers. An Accu-Flex base layer and a viscoelastic memory foam top layer. The thicknesses are 6 and 4 inches respectively. This full-size mattress measures to 54 x 7 inches, as per the standard size. The mattress weighs on the heavier side, about 75 lbs.
These models would suit anyone looking for the comfortable mattress for recuperating for the recovery period.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Sizes
The Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattress size is available in all the 6 sizes for its models. The available sizes are
- Twin XL
- Full size
- Cal king
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Specifications
The Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattress size is made in the standard format. The mattress does not let you sleep on a hot surface. The aeration could help dissipate the heat sooner to leave the mattress cooler. It does not let the mattress get heated up which is often the case with memory foam mattresses.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Trial and warranty
If you are looking for a mattress with a trial period, you are in for a disappointment with the Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattress. The mattress does not have a trial period. You will have to be really taking a gamble with this one. You bought it once, you have got it!
In fact, once you bought the mattress you cannot return it either if you have opened it. Although there is a warranty period of 20 years for the manufacturing defects, that does cover the dissatisfaction over the comfort.
Discount Prices On Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
The starting price of the Acc-Gold memory foam mattress is $169.39 for the Twin size of 6-inch mattress on Amazon. The other prices may reach up to $235 for the smaller size. The price for the 13-inch Cal king mattress is $524.39 on Amazon. The price of the mattresses varies from store to store.
Coupons Codes & Discounts For Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
I did search for the coupon codes but couldn’t find any of the coupons for this 8 Inch Twin XL Size mattress. Coupons for Accu-Gold mattresses are not seen anywhere.
Independent Reviews On Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
- Amy-”We have the mattress for years. I highly recommend that you get a removable mattress cover for this one. You cannot remove it. We even got a mattress topper to go over the mattress. Must say, it is a luxurious one for the price. The mattress has stood well even with some wear and tear from the moving.”
- Andy-“The mattress gave me perfect support so I could sleep on my back for a few longer hours. I don’t do too much of tossing or turning as well. If you are looking for a comfortable mattress, go ahead and order this.”
- Babs- “I really did like the mattress but the mattress smell was stronger. It took some 2 months to get rid of it.”
- Tina-“We have the mattress in the RV. Have to say, it is comfortable. It is really one of the best mattresses I have slept on.”
- Vera- “This mattress is better than I have expected. There was no smell that bothered me. The mattress can be comfortable for anyone who is not over the weight of 180 lbs I think.”
- Amazon Customer- “The mattress is of great value. Even the service was great. I use it with the firm side up for my invalid wife.”
Bad reviews of Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
- Anonymous- “The mattress is too soft for my taste. I am a stomach sleeper but end up getting back pain in the morning. The worst part is, I almost feel that I am sleeping in a hammock. The mattress was shipped faster indeed. I think the mattress should not be marketed as a medium-firm one. It might be true for lightly weighted people. But for those who are heavier, the mattress is really soft.”
- User- “The mattress did not stand up and is not firm enough for me. The bed really sags in many places. Not happy at all.”
- KTM- “The mattress cover is really cheap. The fabric is too thin.”
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Return Policy
The return policy is harder. It is impossible for you to return this mattress once you have opened it out of the plastic wrap.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Shipping & Delivery
The Accu-Gold memory foam mattress shipment is done for free on Amazon. At Overstock, there is a shipping charge of $4.95. The shipment happens within one of the order placement.
The mattress is shipped to various countries as well. The international shipments do have shipping charges applicable.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Setup & Installation
The Accu-Gold memory foam mattresses come compressed, rolled and packed inside a cardboard box. The mattress is not ready to use.
- First remove the mattress from the box that it arrives in.
- Carefully remove the plastic wrap of the mattress roll.
- Unroll the mattress and once again remove the wrap over the compressed mattress.
- Let the mattress expand itself for a few hours. The mattress may get to its full size within a few hours or a maximum of 48 hours.
- Having the mattress expanding in a ventilated room reduces the smell of the plastic and packaging.
- Once the mattress is expanded, you can place them on your choice of mattress support.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Scam
This mattress has got some awesome reviews on its performance as well as value for money. There are no scams about this mattress.
Are Bed bugs in Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress a Possibility
Not a chance! The visco foam and the memory foam used for the making of Accu-Gold mattress are resistant to mites and other microbes. The bedbugs or any kind or the bacteria are not able to grow or sustain in this memory foam. You can stay safe from any of these.
Is Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Good For Back Pain Problems
Memory foam mattresses are usually considered good for back pain. They can relieve the pressure points and reduce the pain. The medium-firm comfort of the Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses makes it ideal for back pain sufferers. It is neither too soft nor too hard on the body. It gives the right kind of sink and support for the body to have a relaxed time on the mattress.
Many users have even commented that this mattress has reduced their back pain. The thicker 13-inch Accu-Gold memory foam mattress would be a better choice for back pain than the thinner varieties of this brand.
Is Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Non Toxic
Yes indeed! The Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses use safer memory foam that does not have off-gassing. The memory foam used has the CertiPUR certification that assures that there is no harmful chemical emission from the mattress.
Are Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattresses Any Good
Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses are popular as economical mattresses that provide you comfort. It is more popular among the students to have their choice of luxurious mattress that does not cost much.
People are using it in their guest rooms to have a comfy bed for their guests. It has better durability for a cheaper mattress for its price.
Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses make an excellent choice for the RVs where you need a lighter mattress that is comfy and non-expensive. This mattress fit perfect for that requirement.
How is Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Made
Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses are made in the USA but are not custom-made ones. You get what they have made. You can choose from the available thicknesses. If you are okay with the softer mattresses, then go for the 6 or 8-inch mattresses. If you need a firmer but not too firm mattress the 10-inch and 13-inch mattresses are for you.
The Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses are single-sided which means you cannot flip them. Flipping them would have the firmer side on the top. If you are comfortable with this that surface you could even use that. But as it is, the mattress is non-flippable.
You can rotate the mattress from head to toe regularly. This prevents the sagging of the mattress in one point. It also allows time for the memory foam to recover.
Dimension, Height, Depth, weight, Thickness Of the Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
Dimensions and other measurements of Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattress
All the Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses seem slightly smaller than the standard sizes. They are 1-2 inches short of the usual measurements.
Twin 38 x 74 inches
Twin XL 37×77 inches
Full 52×73 inches
Queen 58×78 inches
King 74×78 inches
California King 70 x 82 inches
The mattress thicknesses are 6 inches, 8 inches, 10 inches and 13 inches. The thickness of each layer would be
- 6-inch mattress: 2”Accu-Gold visco memory foam and 4” Accu-Flex base foam
- 8-inch mattress: 3” visco memory foam and 5” base foam
- 10-inch mattress: 4” Accu-Gold visco memory foam and 6” Accu-Flex medium base foam
- 13-inch mattress: 2” Accu-Aire visco memory foam, 3” Accu-Gold visco memory foam and 8” Accu-Flec base foam
Adjustable base For Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
Yes, you can use the Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses with any adjustable base. The mattresses use only memory foam that is flexible with these kinds of beds. It is suitable for the beds that can raise both the ends.
Though these mattresses are only flexible they cannot bend to use on futons.
Mattress Pads by Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
Using mattress pad improves the longevity of the mattresses. They can protect the mattress from daily wear and tear. The waterproof mattress pads make a complete shield over the mattress surface from all kinds of dirt and spillage.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Cover
There is no Accu-Gold mattress covers the brand. The mattresses have their own removable mattress cover they are a little fragile in comparison. You may want to use an additional, removable and washable mattress cover over it. You can use the same sized mattress cover from any other brand.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Using a mattress pad would make it more comfortable. There are many who felt that the thinner mattresses of this brand are too soft or not firm enough. Using a firmer mattress would make it more suitable for your comfort level.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Firmness Analysis
As with the firmness, the Accu-Gold mattresses of 6 and 8 inches are more on the soft-medium firmness rather than the medium-firm which the makers believe it to be. The thicker mattresses can give you a better firmness than the thinner ones.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Frames & Foundation
The Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses are compatible with all kinds of foundations and bed frames. You can use them on box spring, bed slats, platform beds, adjustable beds etc.
Using it on the box spring could make it feel softer than it already is. The slat beds will not harm it unless the slats are too wide from each other.
You will not get a foundation or frame with the Accu-Gold mattresses. You pay only for the mattress and you will get only the mattress. The mattresses would fit in right with all the foundations. Just compare the measurements to be sure.
The Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Showroom & Store Locator
The Accutex brand does not have a retail shop for the mattress to be displayed. But you can find these mattresses in some of the retail shops near you.
You can find the Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses in WalMart, Sears, Kmart etc that are closer to you. You can go their respective online stores to find the nearest retail shop to you where you can find these mattresses. You can try them on before you pay for it. Just type the zip code of your area to get the addresses of the shops.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Customer Services Phone Number
For the customer service, you need to go through the retailers or the online dealers from which you got the mattress. There is no direct customer service line for the Accutex brand.
Deals & Sales on Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
Regular discounts and sales are available for the Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattresses from time to time. You may look for the Black Friday deals or other seasonal sales to get the best deal for these mattresses. Not that these mattresses need a huge discount sale to be affordable; getting a better deal or discount would be icing on the cake for them.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Delivery Fee & Time
Delivery happens within a week or 2, depending on your location. Since this is not an oversized mattress you can expect shorter delivery time. It may take 4 to 14 days to have it delivered to you. it highly depends on your location.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Financing
There is no financing offered by the manufacturer. The installment payment or any flexibility with the payment is dependent on the dealer.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Safety & Certifications
Accu-Gold memory foam mattress is safe from harmful chemical emission. The memory foam has CertiPUR certification to vouch for the same.
Maintenance On Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
- The Accu-Gold memory foam mattress has a removable mattress cover over it. You can remove this cover to wash regularly or put on a separate cover for convenience.
- In case of any liquid spillage, blot it with a tissue paper immediately. Use a vinegar solution to wipe off carefully. Then, sprinkle some baking soda over the damp area and let it dry. The baking soda will absorb the moisture and remove any bad smell.
- Using a mattress pad can save you time and make the mattress longer.
- Rotate the mattress from head to toe regularly, once in 2-3months, it helps maintain its shape and let you sleep on a comfortable surface all the time.
In a way the Accu-Gold memory foam mattress is environment friendly, in the sense that it does not pollute the air than it already is.
The mattress does not have too much off-gassing. Any off-gassing you feel could be due to the shipping packaging.
The mattress should be allowed to have good aeration before you start using. This reduces any kind of smell disturbing you.
The memory foam used here is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial. It does not cause any allergic reactions on the sleeper. It does not allow microbes or mites to grow on them.
Motion Transfer on a Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
The Accu-Gold memory foam mattress is relatively safe from motion transfer. It is not too high on preventing such movements. Yet, there are no major movements that could move the other member sleeping on the bed. On this matter, the users gave 4 stars for this mattress.
Sagging Problems in Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
Accu-Gold memory foam mattress uses resilient and good quality memory foam that does not cause too much sagging. The memory foam can contour to the body but at the same time can recover its shape quickly when the weight is off.
Although you may experience some sort of flattening of the mattress, especially for the thinner models, there is not much sagging for this mattress.
The lack of edge support is a concern since the sides can dip deeper when you try to sit on the edge or sleeping on the edge. Yet again, that does not cause sagging that should be a concern.
Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Comparison
- Weight: The Accu-Gold memory foam mattresses are light weighted in comparison with other memory foam mattresses. The main reason is that there are only 2 layers of foam in this. The base layer is not the usual heavy duty foam that you find in the mattresses. The 6 and 8-inch thickness is also not that heavier either. The 13-inch mattress is comparatively heavier because of the presence of 3 layers. Even then it is not hard to handle as like the other memory foam mattresses.
- Price: Price wise the product is cheaper than many other brands.
- Edge support: The one point that makes it a little inferior to other brands is the lack of an edge support. With the narrower sizes having edge support would have maximized the sleep surface area.
Overall, this Accu-Gold 5.3 memory foam mattress has come out a winner as a teenager’s mattress and that suits for the college goers. It is cheap, durable and causing not many problems.
Air mattress Vs Accu-Gold memory foam mattress
Air mattresses are highly flexible to adjust the comfort as you need but they do not offer much support for the body while you sleep or move.
The Accu-Gold memory foam mattress makes its score in this matter. Not only is this mattress flexible or resilient, it can also offer a good amount of support so that you do not sink into the mattress. The mattress can adjust itself with your movements and does not make you feel confined to it.
Gel mattresses Vs Accu-Gold memory foam mattress
Gel mattresses use the infusion of gel particles into the mattress layer to make it cooler and reduce the heat from the memory foam.
The Accu-Gold memory foam mattress uses open cell structure that allows natural air to pass through the mattress and thus reducing the heat. The ventilation inside the mattress is enough to keep the heat off.
Moreover, the use of Accu-Aire Visco memory foam layer in the thicker mattress allows faster air movements on the mattress surface. This pace of air wicks away both heat and moisture to keep the surface cooler and dry.
Hybrid mattress Vs Accu-Gold memory foam mattress
The hybrid mattresses use memory foam as well as coil system to add strength to the mattress. In the Accu-Gold memory foam mattress, there is only memory foam used to make it strong.
The base foam used here is Accu-Flex that can offer superior strength. It has thicker cell walls that strengthen the foam. The open cell structure allows better air circulation that could be compared that with the coils. The reinforcing technology of this foam base makes it comfortable for the sleeper.
Latex vs Accu-Gold memory foam mattress
While the latex is a natural material that is known for its buoyancy it is not enough to support a person.
On the other hand, the Accu-Gold memory foam mattress may not be a natural product; it can still be buoyant enough and can also support the weight.
The latex has channels through the air could pass and the Accu-Gold memory foam mattress has got open cell structure that makes it equally competent.
Luxury firm Vs Accu-Gold memory foam mattress
The Luxury form mattresses are suitable for back, side or stomach sleepers equally. But the Accu-Gold memory foam mattress is better suitable for the back sleepers or the side sleepers. It is not fitting for the stomach sleepers as it is too soft to get comfortable in this position.
Plush soft Vs Accu-Gold memory foam mattress
The Plush soft mattresses are too soft making you feel like sleeping in the clouds. The Accu-Gold memory foam mattresses are in the mid category where it is either medium soft or medium firm, depending on the perspective. It is still slightly towards the medium firm than to the other side.
Brands That are Equivalent to Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress
|Mattress Brand||Price||Type of Mattress||Quality|
|Accu-Gold||$289 for 6-inch king size and $524 for 13-inch Cal King mattress||Memory foam and visco memory foam mattress. The mattress allows air flow that reduces heat and relieves pressure.||Has visco elastic memory foam at the top that reduces heat and is body contouring. The base is denser Accu-Flex foam for aeration and support.|
|Signature Sleep||$169 for the 10-inch twin mattress and $457 for the King size mattress||Memory foam mattress with 2 layers mostly. Uses gel infused top layer and high-density base foam for support||No VOCs from the memory foam, balances the body weight and support the body for a comfortable sleep.|
|Zinus||$125 for a 10-inch twin mattress and $329 for the12-inch Cal King||Multilayered mattresses using only memory foam. Support is provided by 2 layers of dense memory foam||The mattresses are eco-friendly, uses natural components and provide ample air flow through the mattress with special airflow features in the layers.|
|Lucid||$239 for 12-inch twin dual layer mattress and $499 for the Cal King size||Dual layer memory foam with gel infused layer at the top.||The gel infused layer cools the mattress surface and relieves pressure. Supports the body well. Has ventilated design|
|Mattress Brand||Special features||Warranty|
|Accu-Gold||No trial period||20-25 years|
|Signature Sleep||No trial period||1 year|
|Zinus||No trial period||10 years|
|Lucid||30-days return policy||20-years|
The Accu-Gold 5.3 Memory Foam Mattress Lawsuit
So far, there are no lawsuits on the Accu-Gold memory foam mattresses. They seem safe, comfortable and affordable. It has not caused any kind of problems regarding the mattress.
Even though the Accu-Gold 5.3 Visco memory foam mattresses are considered cheaper in money, it is definitely one of the high-quality mattresses in the market. If you are not into too much luxury and are looking for just for a comfortable surface to sleep on, this is your best option.