This article is supported by our readers. We earn a commission through links with no extra cost to you.
The Best weighted blankets 2020
- Weighted Evolution
- Saatva – Organic
- Nectar – 2 Weight Choices and comes with a washable cover
- Plushbeds – Larger weight variations
- Layla – 2 feel design
- Brooklyn Bedding – Luxury Weighted blankets
- Bear – Great for a Cozy movie on a couch
- Helix – Best Budget
- Purple – the heaviest at 35 pounds
- Nest Bedding
Weighted Evolution Bamboo Weighted Blankets
The WEighted Evolution Bamboo Weighted blankets takes organic and natural to the next level. The blanket comes with a removable washable weighted duvet cover. The Weighted blanket comes in 5 different sizes and the covers are available in a range of colors. The Weight ranges from 8 lb, 12lb, 15 lb, 20 lb and 25 lb depending on the sizes.
The weighted blanket comes with evenly distributed 4 inch double stitched pockets which contours to your body and stays cool throughout the night. The bamboo fabric is eco friendly, temperature regulating, soft and breathable, not to mention, HYPOALLERGENIC. It’s easy to wash and maintain
the Weighted evolution Weighted blanket comes with a 100 Night trial and a 100% money back guarantee. the Bamboo sensory Weighted blanket is simply the choice for you.
The Saatva Organic Weighted Blankets
The all natural Saatva Organic Weighted blankets are 100% Organic , as the name suggests and comes with luxurious diamond Quilting. Like all Weighted blankets, the saatva uses glass beads to increase the weight and pressure on the body. Being organic, requires the saatva be only dry cleaned. Machine wash is not recommended considering the weight and material of the mattress. The saatva Weighted blankets come in 2 sizes, Single (15lbs) and the King/Queen (25 lbs ) and 2 colors.
Why is the saatva Recommended ?
Its 100% organic. Velvet cotton coming from an organic source , all Natural Glass beads makes the saatva special in its own way. This means no allergens, safe for those who don’t prefer wool and extremely comfortable.
The Nectar Blanquil – Weighted Blanket with a cover.
The Blanquil is half quilt half blanket. The weighted blanket comes with a polyester cover which is washable. The weighted blanket itself is 100% cotton with Silicon dioxide beads. The Blanket itself is washable and is machine wash safe. The nectar Blanquil comes in 2 colors and 2 weight variations to choose from. The weight variation is very important for many people and a heavier weight is appreciated by some.
With 5 year warranty and 50 nights to decide on the weighted blanket, the Nectar blanquil gives you enough time to choose and be comfortable with the product. While the blanket itself may feel warm with the cover, you can use the blanket without the covers during the warmer seasons or if you sleep hot. The mattress without the cover gives you the weighted effect, but with a cooler fabric.
The Blanquil Cover is machine washable, easy to handle and care. The downside to the Blanquil is that it only comes in one size.
The Puffy Weighted Blanket
The Puffy Weighted blanket comes in 2 sizes, the twin and the queen . The twin weighs 15lbs and the queen weighs 20lbs. This is the optimum weight for most people who are looking for a weighted blanket. The Weighted blanket has 2 fabric design with a Super soft mink top for soft feel and a 100% Twill cotton bottom which is soft and free from irritation. The product itself is 100% hypoallergenic , odor free and safe from chemicals. The oeko-tex Certification ensures that the product is thoroughly tested and made from the safest material.
The diamond pattern stitching enables the weight to be distributed evenly. The covers are easily removable and machine washable. The weighted blanket itself is not machine washable but can be washed at home if you follow the instructions in the care manual.
The Puffy Weighted blanket comes with a lifetime warranty and a 101 night trial.
Plushbeds – Anchor Weighted Blanket By Malouf
Plushbeds has one of the best weighted blankets with the widest options. With 7 different variations and 2 different colors, the plushbeds cater to a wide range of people and their needs. The smallest weighted blanket is 5 lbs and is 36X48 inches and the heaviest is 20 lbs at a queen Size. You have the choice of 12lbs and 15 lbs apart from a 20lbs weight in the queen size . The throw Size which is 48X72 inches also comes in 3 weights , the 12 lbs, 15 lbs and the 20 lbs. The petite size which is the smallest only comes in 5 lbs weight.
The Anchor weighted blanket is not one , but 2 blankets. The outer blanket is machine washable but the inner blanket is the actual weighted blanket and is 100% pure cotton and should only be hand washed or spot cleaned. The removable microfiber cover is stain resistant and hypoallergenic. The inner blanket suitable for all weathers and can be used throughout the year.
The weighted blanket comes with a total 5 year warranty while the inner blanket comes with a 3 year warranty. The weighted blanket comes in 2 colors, the ash and Driftwood.
The Layla Weighted Blanket
Layla is probably one of the most underrated companies in the mattress industry with all the products the manufacture and the quality products they produce. With that said, the Laylay weighted blanket is in itself a wonderful product to own. Unlike most other weighted blankets, the Layla weighted blankets have 2 options of feel. The plush mink plush feel or the 100% cotton feel. So it doesn’t matter if it’s summer or winter, you have one weighted blanket you can use year through. You also have the liberty to choose the right feel whenever you like. What more? The Layla Weighted blankets use micro glass beads which are smaller, make lesser noise when you move and distribute evenly. Apart from being crafted with precision, The Layala weighted blankets look good, feel good and adds more comfort to your sleep. The best part of the Layla Weighted blanket is its extremely breathable.
The Entire blanket is washable, not just the cover.
The Layla Weighted blankets come with 120 night trial and a 5 year warranty!
The Brooklyn Bedding Weighted Blanket
Luxury Weighted blanket and it looks so different. Comes in one single size but 2 weight variations, 15 lbs and 20 lbs. The weighted blanket comes in one single color but 2 different comforts. This weighted blanket is one of the best and easiest decisions once you get to know the features. One side is cool and the other side is warm. The duvet cover is washable and hypoallergenic. The weighted blanket itself can only be spot cleaned.
The weighted blanket itself is simple but that dotted design which ensures that you have an even weight throughout the blanket gives you goosebumps and wants you to go to bed right away. And $149, this may seem a bit more expensive than the other weighted blankets, but that extra $49 can make the biggest difference in your sleep.
The Bear Weighted Blanket
The Bear weighted blankets come in 3 colors but a single weight and size. Its 15 lbs and available in queen sizes only. The weighted blanket is hypoallergenic, and has a contouring quilted design which evenly distributes the weight throughout the blanket giving it an even feel. The Bear weighted blanket is hand washable but not machine washable.
The Bear weighted blanket is made of 100% polyester, which is not a good fabric for people who sleep hot. They are perfect for people who are lightweight but for those who want a much more firmer, heavier feel, this weighted blanket is not as fulfilling. If you have used a weighted blanket before and then purchase a bear weighted blanket, you may not feel the satisfaction of owning one.
The Bear weighted blanket comes with a 100 night trial. If you don’t like it, return it. You also have a 1 year warranty on the product.
The Helix Weighted Blanket
The Helix wEighted Blanket comes in one size and 3 weight variations. The 10 lbs, 15lbs and 20 lbs. They come with 2 sided cover design with Soft Fleece on one side and Sheared micro fiber on the other. The gridded internal stitching allows the glass beads to be in place and distribute the weight evenly throughout the blanket. The inner blanket is 100% cotton with the glass beads distributed evenly.
The covers are machine washable and the internal blankets are to be spot cleaned. Helix Weighted blankets are rated the most affordable Weighted blankets by Forbes.
The Helix Weighted blanket comes with 100 night trial and a 1 year warranty
The Purple + Gravity Weighted blanket
The purple + Gravity weighted blanket comes with dual side comfort duvet washable covers. The purple + Gravity Weighted blankets weigh a whooping 35 pounds and comes in a single size for King or Queen mattresses. The covers by purple come with Mink on one side and cool tech fabric on the other. The Weighted blanket can be used throughout the year without worries of being too hot. The core blanket is 90% glass pellets with 10% fiber fillings.
The Purple is one of the best weighted blankets if you are looking for a really snug feel. They come in one single color, Gray and come with a 30 day trial.
The Casper Weighted Blanket
Simple Design, Available in 10 lbs, 20 lbs and 15 lbs, One size and one color. Casper has always been a company which believed in simplicity and the weighted blanket is just that. Simple, Effective and meets the purpose of a weighted blanket. It can be used through out the year , no matter what the weather is like. The Quilted design keeps the beads in place and gives the mattress an even weight.
The inner shell is polyester and the outer shell is pure cotton.
The Casper weighted blanket comes with a 1 year warranty and a 100 night trial.
The mattress can only be spot cleaned.
The Nest Bedding Luxury Weighted blanket
The Nest bedding Weighted blanket comes in 3 Sizes. the twin at 15 lbs, the Queen at 20 lbs and the King Weighted blanket at 25 lbs. The glass beads are 100% lead free. the glass beads are sewn between 2 layers of poly fill batting for a quite and clean feel. The top cofer is made of fur and is completely washable the bottom cover is 100% cotton with a 300 thread count and easily washable too.
Reasons to Use Weighted Blankets
A couple of years ago, no one would have believed that a blanket can cure anxiety and insomnia. Today science and studies prove a lot different. We are able to calculate everything from REM to movement in bed and the quality of sleep and its effect when you use a weighted blanket. The studies are encouraging. Its amazing how a small change like the use of a weighted blanket can make an overall improvement in your sleep, mood and sometimes even diseases and chronic pain.
The weighted blanket gives you a comfortable feeling. It makes you feel tucked in, safe and comfortable but also improves sleep. Many people who have used the weighted blanket for the first time have found problems the first night or two. Its effect on their sleep wasn’t too encouraging the first night or two. Then things take a turn. People find that they sleep much more soundly and have no disturbances. Some people sleep through the night in the same position and wake up just the way they slept. No tossing and turning, no night mares, no insomnia. A small change in your blanket can make a big difference in your overall lifestyle. Here are some of the case studies and diseases which were found to have some form of difference after the use of a Weighted blanket.
- Autism : When it comes to studies, specially related to behavioral changes, gathering data is fickle. With the study in children ranging from 5-16 years of age, suffering from autism, Scientific study does not find any difference in the sleep quality which could be measured. But what was encouraging was that most children loved their blankets, were found to sleep more comfortably and had a better day time routine with fewer bouts due to autism which were hard for the professionals to comprehend or measure. Further studies are being conducted, but there is no clear indication that The weighted blanket has a benefit in sleep thus far. Reference : AAP News Journal
- ADHD : ADHD has no direct link to weighted blankets and its use but there is a small variation in people with adhd and their behavior when their sleep improves. People stop fidgeting, are able to focus and concentrate on a task for a tad bit longer when they have sufficient, undisturbed sleep. The weighted blanket is able to create a calm sensory feeling for people using them. This enables better sleep in patients with ADHD and the results follow through to the next day. While no studies have been conducted on ADHD patience with a weighted blanket, there have been studies with weighted vests and its effect on performance. The study is not nearly as related to using a weighted blanket and should not be considered.
- Osteoarthritis : No one enjoys extra pressure on their sore body like those who suffer from the pain of osteoarthritis. A bit of extra pressure feels more like massage to the joints and helps heal your body. It does provide the comfort you long for. The weighted blanket offers the right amount of weight throughout your body, helps you relax your entire body and not just the joints. While weighted blankets cannot be considered a cure for osteoarthritis, it can surely help in adding comfort to your entire body, improve rest time and speed recovery. There is no study indicating the benefits of Weighted blankets for Osteoarthritis through a lot of people will tell you how great it is and how it helped them feel a bit better.
- Insomnia And Sleep disorder : Sleeping disorders are probably one of the toughest to study and results are almost always inconclusive. Like most mental conditions and disorders, diagnosing sleep disorders are a problem. The cause is often hard to determine. With weighted blankets, though many people have found a great deal of “good” in their sleep, many have found no difference in their sleep or worse, they hated it altogether. The reason for this , though, was easy to find. People who were under any form of medication for stress, anxiety or other conditions found the weighted blanket inefficient in most cases with less than 10% finding them to be beneficial. People who had anxiety related disorders, wiithout medication and used the blanket found that they were much more calm and found it easier to sleep. Most people with mild sleep disorders found the weighted blanket very effective.
- Reduce Anxiety : Weighted blankets are also called anxiety blankets and they seem to have a reason. When was the last time you were cuddled? Do you remember how it felt when your mom held you , hugged you and you fell asleep in her arms? Why do you think it is so easy for most kids to go to sleep in their mom’s shoulder or arms? Its the comfort they provide. The Weighted blanket is not going to be able to replace your mom but it can add a bit of comfort. Most kids , especially those with anxiety issues find it comforting when you have an arm around them while they are going to bed. They feel assured that you are around. It’s just that small added weight on their body which comforts them. The weighted blanket mimics that and creates a comfortable feeling for your child. Most kids find they are much more calm with a weighted blanket and are able to sleep faster.
- Relieve pain : Pain, Specifically muscle pain can find a big difference with a weighted blanket. If you are one of those few who hit the gym or involved in sports, Try out the weighted blanket. The rate of recovery is much faster with a weighted blanket than with a normal sheet. Weighted blankets provide a consistent weight throughout your body, which prevents you from tossing and turning. The restricted movement may seem or at least look bad, but then its not entirely restrictive. You can still move your body freely. The decreased movement, increased sleep quality provided by the weighted blanket speeds up muscle recovery and relieves pain. You really need to try a weighted blanket for muscle pain to know the difference.
- Improve Mood : This is not entirely true. The weighted blanket has no direct relationship to your mood. Though you may really like the weighted blanket for its benefits, the relationship with mood has to do with the quality of your sleep. Improved mood is the side effect of your great sleep, which is the result of a weighted blanket. A good weighted blanket with temperature regulation can be beneficial for your sleep. Your sleep improves by a small percentage. Your REM time is a bit higher and overall recovery from rest is improved by a small percentage. While everything is in only a very small percentage, the overall improvement in your health is significant. Your mood is the direct sign of your great sleep. Maybe you could give a bit of credit to the weighted blanket after all.
- Surgery or medical Procedures : Surgeries are painful. The drugs will wear off at some point of time and the pain will begin. Your movement will be restricted but you would want to toss and turn. A weighted blanket adds more comfort, restricts your movement to only whats required and helps you heal faster with better sleep. Weighted blankets have nothing much to do with the results of the surgery itself. Its the speedy recovery which you should be focused on and a painless one . the weighted blanket just adds a small percentage of comfort to the process.