Amerisleep Vs. Helix Sleep Mattress are two big companies that have the right amount of fan following respectively. For those who are looking to buy either one of them, here are few of the differences and similarities. By the end of this article, you will get a clear outlook of what suits you the best and what are the best and worst of both the brands at a single article.
Check out the comparison between Tempurpedic and Nectar at https://www.nectarsleep.com/p/compare/nectar-vs-tempurpedic/
Amerisleep Vs. Helix Sleep Similarities
- Both are available online only at a great price.
- Offer good trial periods and return policies
- Deliver great customer service
- Are good options for couples
Helix Sleep Vs. Amerisleep Differences
Helix Sleep Mattress comes with customization options. It gives different firmness, support, and comfort level from one person to another. Amerisleep, on the other hand, has five different types of mattresses as per varying firmness levels.
Amerisleep mattresses offer memory foam feel while Helix does not provide any memory foam mattress.
Helix has more bounce effect than Amerisleep.
Helix Sleep Mattress
- It offers you three layers – “Helix Dynamic Foam” polyfoam that comes with 1.8 to 3 PCF based on selected firmness, 1.8 PCF transitional polyfoam, and pocketed micro coils. The cover is made of polyester. The support core is made from 1.8 PCF high-density polyfoam.
- Helix offers customized firmness options for all mattresses ranging from soft to very firm. Users also have the option to customize both sides of the mattress with different firm levels. It is available for King-size mattress. For this, they attach two Twin XL mattresses to create a whole King-size mattress. The foam density and comfort layers will vary as per the choice of firmness.
Helix Sleep Pros
- Offers you customized design and firmness
- Has dual firmness available
- No squeaky noise
- Free shipping anywhere in the USA
- Easy trial period and returns
Helix Sleep Cons
- May sleep somewhat hot
- Edge support is still murky
- As the company is relatively new, the durability of the mattress is unsure
Available sizes: Helix mattress is available in all standard sizes – Twin, Twin XL, Full, King, Queen, and Cal King.
Helix mattress Price: The price of Helix sleep ranges from $600 to $1,245. All Helix mattresses are manufactured in the US.
Helix Sleep Mattress Customer Reviews
Helix Sleep 10” Custom Mattress has received 3.7 out of 5 stars at Amazon. Here are few of the reviews.
- Jennifer Johnson – “Love our bed. We ordered a medium firm and found that the product is too firm for us. We contact the customer service and a lovely executive named Domonique helped us. They send us a complimentary 2” mattress topper made using the same material as the mattress which includes the cover. The bed wasn’t what we still hoped for and had to return it.
Meanwhile, we ordered a new “very soft” mattress and added a topper they sent previously. We are in love. It cradles the body, and every curve is supported aptly. There is enough support in the base to not allow the body to hammock the mattress. It is so comfy. I highly recommend the mattress.”
- LO – “Amazing bed. Love it. I was skeptical at first, but it was probably one of the best purchases I made this year.”
That being said, there are few Helix sleep mattress complaints available too.
People claim that the mattress tends to sag easily within 1-2 years of usage. There are few complaints available on Amazon regarding mattress sag.
- Customer Satisfaction Rating: 72% calculated from 344 user experiences from 11 individual sources (as per tuck.com).
- BBB rating: Helix sleep has not earned a rating from Better Business Bureau.
- Motion Isolation: Owners say that Helix mattresses offer great personal isolation. This reduces disturbances whenever your partner hops in and out of bed.
- Sex: Helix mattresses offers superior response than all-foam or latex models. Helix hybrid mattress comes with a pocketed micro coil layer with polyfoams that offer great bounciness.
So far, there have been no off-gassing issues. People report mild smell when unboxing which fades away after a couple of hours.
Best recommended for: Helix mattress is best recommended for side and back sleepers. However, you might need more soft firm level if you are stomach sleeper. The best part is you can personalize as per your sleeping style.
Amerisleep offers high-quality memory foam mattress that is available in different models based on its firmness, thickness, and foam density.
- The AS1 (formerly known as the Americana) that comes with one layer of 4 PCF memory foam as the comfort layer. The support core is made using 1.8 PCF polyfoam. This is the shortest and firmest mattress in Amerisleep’s current selection.
- The AS2 (earlier known as the Revere) is made using a single layer of 4 PCF memory foam as the comfort layer. The support core has a top layer of “Surface Modification Technology’ that has 1.65 PCF polyfoam and a bottom layer of 1.8 PCF polyfoam.
- AS3 (earlier known as the Liberty) comes with one layer of 4 PCF memory foam as the comfort layer. The support base is a top layer of contoured “Surface Modification Technology” 1.65 polyfoams and a bottom layer of 1.8 PCF polyfoam.
- The AS4 (formerly known as the Colonial) has a 4” layer of 4 PCF memory foam. The base comes with a top layer of contoured “Surface Modification Technology” 1.65 polyfoams and a bottom layer of 1.8 PCF polyfoam.
- AS5 (known as the Independence) is the thickest and softest mattress offered by Amerisleep. It has two layers in the comfort system, a top layer of 4 PCF memory foam and a bottom layer of 3 PCF polyfoam. The support core features a top layer of contoured “Surface Modification Technology” 1.65 polyfoams with the bottom layer of 1.8 PCF polyfoam.
The mattress covers for all these models are made of polyester, Celliant fabric, and spandex.
AmeriSleep Mattress Pros
- Offers you multiple thickness levels with varied firmness options
- Superior conforming and motion isolation
- Has Celliant fiber that has health benefits such as increasing oxygen flow, improved circulation and balancing body temperature
- Free shipping with an easy refund policy
- Cost effective 20-year warranty
Amerisleep Mattress Cons
- Difficult to gauge the durability
- Poor edge support
- Few models are too soft or too firm
- Mandatory break-in period with sleep trial
- Available Sizes: Amerisleep memory foam mattresses are available in seven sizes – Twin, Twin XL, King, Split King, Cal King, Full, and Queen. Stating the obvious, the price will differ based on the different models.
- Price: Amerisleep mattress price ranges from $849 to $3,498.
Amerisleep Mattress Customer Reviews
People who want to reduce their back pain are pleased with the mattress. They claim that the bed supports the back aptly without any issues. The result – they wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and happy.
The Amerisleep AS3 12” Memory Foam Mattress has received 4.2 out of 5 stars from users at Amazon.
- Jase – “Extremely firm. It can be rated 8 out of 10 in my opinion. I prefer a firm mattress, but I had to add a topper to be able to sleep with the shoulder pain. I am a side sleeper that negates the cooling foam layer on the bed.”
- Nkondapalli – “Superior mattress. Plus I got the best customer support with Amerisleep when I got this AS3. I had an issue with it being too firm. I contacted the customer care, and the way they responded was not only prompt, but they perfectly resolved the issue. Thank you Amerisleep.”
The common complaint seen is the fact that the mattress is too firm. This has asked users to use a mattress pad to adjust the firmness for enabling them to sleep better.
- BBB rating: Amerisleep also operates under another business name – Astrabeds. However, both companies have not been accredited by the Better Business Bureau. There have been a few complaints in BBB regarding Amerisleep bed base, mattress, etc.
- Over the past three years, there have been six complaints which have been resolved amicably by the company with the sleepers.
- Motion Isolation: Amerisleep mattress can absorb motion transfer to a great extent. People claim that it has very much reduced nighttime sleep disruptions.
- Sex: The AS1 and AS2 score good ratings when it comes to firmness and bouncy effect. Other three Amerisleep models are less suitable for sex.
- Off-gassing: People report minor off-gassing issues. However, the smell fades away quickly.
- Best recommended for: As Amerisleep offers different mattress models with varying firmness, choose the one that works well for you. If you are a heavyweight sleeper and want a mattress on the firmer side, go for AS1, AS2, or AS3.
You will pick Helix if you –
- Need a completely customized mattress – while Amerisleep offers you different firmness level models, Helix offers you full customization of the mattress.
- Want a responsive mattress – regardless of the results of the customization test, Helix sleep mattress foams are faster-moving than the Amerisleep mattress.
- Have a partner with different sleeping preference – if you have a partner who needs more firmness or softness, then this mattress splits the firmness so that you can sleep at different firm levels without compromising.
You will pick Amerisleep if you –
- Want a slower-moving memory foam to feel – the foam used in Amerisleep mattress is slow moving than Helix. For those who want slow-moving feel, then Amerisleep is best.
- Need more features – for those who need additional upgrades in their mattress such as Celliant cover, Amerisleep is a good choice.
Overall, both Amerisleep Vs. Helix Sleep Mattress are good options that offer you various choices. Both the company have their strengths that work for everyone. Take time and choose the best mattress for you.
« Cariloha, The Best Bamboo Mattress & Sheets Saatva Vs Amerisleep Comparison, Reviews »