The Protect A Bed Allerzip Smooth Waterproof bed bug proof zippered bedding encasement is the modern version of bug proofing the mattress. Since mattress and the box spring happen to be one of the notorious sources of allergies, using this encasement can protect both these from allergens. This makes the first step towards, healthy sleep and improving the health. The encasement fits snug to the mattress or the bed allowing no space for the bugs to enter. The Allerzip mattress encasement provides all sides protection to make it completely bug-proof.
AllerZip Mattress Encasement Models And Sizes
The Allerzip mattress encasements are available in all the standard sizes. There is only one model that has a 3-sided zipper with a smart sealing closure. The available sizes of this mattress protector are,
- Protect-A-Bed Allerzip twin
- Protect-A-Bed Allerzip Twin XL
- Allerzip Smooth mattress encasement queen
- Protect-A-Bed Allerzip King
- Protect-A-Bed Allerzip Smooth mattress encasement California King
Of all the sizes, the Protect-A-Bed Allerzip Twin XL is the most popular as it can be used for the Twin XL bed as well as for the split California King size beds and the bases. Since giving protection to both the mattress and the base is highly imperative, this mattress or foundation encasement is high on demand.
The Protect-A-Bed Allerzip Twin XL is available for 11-18 inches as well as for 7-12 inches mattresses.
Protect-A-Bed Allerzip Twin XL Specifications
The Protect-A-Bed Allerzip anti-allergy, dust mite and bed bug mattress protector can be the best protection against all the allergens.
- It is made of a Miracle Membrane material that is flexible, thin and less penetrative.
- The fabric is porous enough to allow the water vapors to evaporate through but can block the intruding insects and bugs.
- There is a waterproofing layering underneath that block the moisture and liquids from entering the mattress. This water-proofing layer would not make any sound and stays silent.
- The Protect-A-Bed Allerzip mattress encasement has a zipper to close around the mattress. The zipper runs along the 3 sides of the mattress and closes tight. The mattress encasement covers all the 6 sides to keep bugs off the bedding area. The zipper even has the smart closure that seals out the allergens, without any space open.
- The mattress encasement is easy to wash and maintain.
- The main panel is made of polyester and the lining is polyurethane.
- The encasement can be used on a mattress that is 4-8 inches thick. The size complies with the standard size of Twin XL or the split King size.
- The price of this Twin XL size is $89.99
The Protect-A-Bed mattress encasement comes with a 10-year warranty against all manufacturing defects, workmanship or the materials.
Protect-A-Bed Allerzip Twin XL shipping and delivery
The shipping usually happens within one day of ordering. The shipment does not happen o Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. It is also not working on the Friday before the Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.
The Protect-A-Bed ships the products all across the USA and to Canada. There is international shipping for which you need to contact the customer service. Call in at 866-297-8836 for International shipping.
Within the USA the shipping is free by selecting the $0.00 option at checkout. The free ground shipping is via FedEx or UPS.
The shipping cost to Alaska and Hawaii is calculated at the checkout.
The delivery time depends on the location. It usually happens within 1-5 business days in the USA. It may take 3-7 days for Alaska and Hawaii. The service days are Monday-Friday.
The FedEx 2 day shipping can happen from Monday-Friday within 8 pm. The same to rural areas of Alaska or Hawaii can take 3 days.
There is also overnight shipment with FedEx that can happen the very next day at 8 pm. For this, the order must be placed before 2.30pm CT. This facility is available only for the Contiguous USA.
There is also a pickup option directly from the headquarters. Protect-A-Bed headquarters address is
1500 S. Wolf Road,
Wheeling, IL- 60090
Protect-A-Bed washing instructions
The Protect-A-Bed washing instructions say that the Allerzip mattress encasement is washable.
- You can wash it in the washer at low setting.
- It is suitable for tumble dry but better not use it along. Put in the encasement in the tumble dry along with other clothes.
- DO NOT dry clean the mattress encasement
- Do not use bleach or any other chemicals on this encasement.
- Close the zipper of the encasement while it is in the washer or in the dryer.
- You may line dry the Allerzip mattress encasement but overexposure to the sun can make the cover yellowish. The change in color does not affect its durability.
- Do NOT iron the mattress encasement as the heat can damage the material.
Protect-A-Bed Allerzip reviews say that it is durable, sustains well against wear and tear and protects the mattress or the box spring very well.
- Kara- My dog sleeps with us. The encasement has sustained well against the leak and his ripping efforts. The Allerzip encasement has held well enough for the last 4 years. It has faced every kind of ‘accident’ and nothing has gone wrong with this.”
- Aurora- “I regretted having let a friend’s family staying with us. We got the worst bed bug infestation. I did a major clean up after them and got this bed bug encasement. None had the same protection like this Protect-A-Bed Allerzip mattress encasement.”
- Anonymous- “this is easy to install. It makes me feel confident about the mattress protector. Now my children and grandkids can stay safer.”
- Mary-“this is the best protection against the critters. It fits snugly to the mattress and stays fit.”
Protect-A-Bed mattress protector
This Protect-A-Bed Allerzip bed bug mattress encasement is different than the Allerzip mattress protector. The mattress protector is a mattress pad that has waterproofing done. It can protect the mattress form only one side. It may not be as effective as the mattress encasement that protects from all the 6 sides.
The Protect-A-Bed Allerzip twin XL mattress/box spring encasement protects the mattress against bed bugs and other common allergens. It is not just a waterproof barrier but can also resist stains on them. As long as you stick to the recommended maintenance tips, this encasement can go a long time and keep the mattress or box spring protected.