Loom and Leaf is the premium line of Saatva, a popular online seller of mattresses. This company sells directly to the consumer, allowing them to keep the prices relatively affordable while offering high-end luxury quality. On the other hand, Tempur-Pedic is an established leader in the industry with nearly two decades of experience. Tempur-Pedic offers a large array of mattresses whereas Loom and Leaf offers just one perfect mattress.
Loom and Leaf from Saatva is a great mattress which can best be compared to some mid-range Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Keep reading for the detailed comparison of the Loom and Leaf vs TempurPedic Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze mattress.
About – TempurPedic Vs Loom and Leaf Comparison
Loom And Leaf is the Ultra-luxury memory foam mattress by Saatva at a fraction of the price of some higher end products. Their efficient online business model allows them to charge significantly less price. This 12 inches thick mattress comes in comfortable four layers of foam. They believe memory foam beds should not be rolled in a box and dropped at your doorstep. Instead their delivery team delivers and set up your mattress in the room of your choice, anywhere in the contiguous United States and parts of Canada.
Tempur-Pedic is one of the leading and renowned manufacturer of memory foam mattress in USA and popular across the world. It offers a large collection of models with varied technology to fit every sleepers need. Their high-quality memory foam helps reduce the pressure points, allowing for a comfortable sleep. Also, Tempur-Pedic higher density models are great at conforming to the contours of a person’s body.
TempurPedic Vs Loom and Leaf – Features
Loom And Leaf (L&L) has multi-layered foam construction coupled with 5 lb eco-friendly dense foam. it comes with a breathable, organic cotton covering and natural thistle flame retardant for comfortable, cool and safe sleep. Their cooling gel layer ensures you don’t overheat. Loom And Leaf mattresses work with both traditional and adjustable bases. These American-made mattresses use premium memory foam and are available at half the price of a Tempur-Pedic.
You will find innovation inside every collection of Tempur-Pedic. Their proprietary TEMPUR material used in traditional spring and foam beds has many unique features that make them “the most highly recommended bed brand in America”. Their SmartClimate System is the top layer of moisture-wicking fabric that draws moisture away, and keeps inner layer cool-to-the-touch. Its EasyRefresh Top Cover has 360 degrees zipper for easy removal and machine washing. Its TEMPUR-Breeze Cooling System is an integrated system of technologies to help keep your body cooler while you sleep.
TempurPedic Vs Loom and Leaf – Mattress Types
Loom & Leaf offers just one perfect memory foam bed with different sizes. All their mattresses are 12 inches high and use memory foam to provide cool sleep. However, they offer two comfort levels to choose from, depending on your sleep preferences.
- L&L relaxed firm – This is L&L flagship comfort level which is not too hard and not too soft but provides “just right” support.
- L&L firm – This comfort level is for people who want a very firm feel.
Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Mattresses has extra-plush top layers of TEMPUR material which allows you to sleep in the mattress while the core layer adapts to your shape for incredible support. TEMPUR-contour Mattresses provides firm support in every layer to reduce pressure points, while cradling your body. TEMPUR-Flex Mattresses provides hybrid support with a soft bounce. Its hybrid core offers traditional mattress feel, topped with layers of TEMPUR material for cushiony support. TEMPUR-Breeze Mattresses respond to body temperature in three ways. It transfers heat and humidity and helps you sleep cooler and more comfortably.
TempurPedic Vs Loom and Leaf – Construction
Loom And Leaf has 4 different layers of construction
- 4 lb. top memory foam layer – The top is 2.0″ proprietary Spinal Zone Gel layer created with cooling gel so you stay cool with optimal spinal support. This high-quality conforming gel foam infused via a “gel-swirl” construction technique. This foam layer uses an inverted foam tip design which allows greater air flow and penetrates the entire thickness of the foam. The specialty of this layer is the cooling gel spinal panel laminated onto this foam layer to add cooling and superior spinal support.
- 5 lb. visco-elastic memory foam Second layer – The 2.5” of visco-elastic memory foam is the core of the mattress which gives your body that deep contouring support. It works with the top layer of memory foam to provide great comfort, contouring, and support.
- Transition loft pad Third Layer – The 2” transition loft pad rests between 5.5” support base layer and 5 lb. memory foam Layer. This layer works vertically to provide “transition or transfer”, allowing the layers above and below to work off one another, providing support, conforming properties, and healthy comfort.
- 5.5″ support base Bottom layer – This is a high-density support foam core that acts as the foundation to provide great support and strong base for the layers above.
Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze 13.5” approx. has 3 different layers of construction
- Comfort Layer – The top is extra-soft TEMPUR-ES material infused with PureCool for cooling comfort. It helps determine the mattress feel and level of TEMPUR-Adapt, while drawing excess heat away from the body.
- Support Layer – The middle layer has TEMPUR material formulation into the ultra-breathable TEMPUR-Climate layer. This layer provides support, distributes body weight and channels excess heat out of the mattress.
- Base Layer – This layer serves as the “foundation” for the TEMPUR material above it. It also helps disperse heat from the mattress.
TempurPedic Vs Loom and Leaf – Cover
Loom And Leaf mattress comes in quilted, organic cotton cover. It is breathable, organic cotton cover with circular knit top and natural thistle flame retardant to keep you comfortable, cool and safe. This organic cotton top comes quilted with a 5/8” foam layer.
Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze includes a cooling cover. This high performing fabric cover is lightweight, breathable and infused with innovative cooling technology to help create a cooler sleeping surface.
Loom And Leaf Vs TempurPedic – Firmness
Loom & Leaf has 2 different degrees of firmness. The Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm is 5.5 out of 10 (where 10 is the most firm). This flagship comfort level is not too hard and not too soft but gives “just right” support. The Loom & Leaf firm is an 8-8.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale. You will love this comfort level, if you like a very firm feel. This multiple firmness levels in one mattress are a really nice option.
Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze is a very soft mattress. On the firmness scale you can rate at 1 out of 10 (where 10 is the most firm). This makes it a very soft be compared to the Loom and Leaf.
Loom And Leaf Vs TempurPedic – Feel and Support
Loom And Leaf mattress gives you a slight sink feeling while contouring your body. However, the mattress doesn’t envelope you and become a heat retention trap. Loom & Leaf Relaxed Firm gives you a sweet spot feel. Side, back or stomach sleepers as well as people who switch sleeping positions often in the night will like this feel and support. Loom & Leaf Firm gives a very firm feel. So back or stomach sleepers will loves this support. If your health professional has recommended a firmer mattress, then this is for you.
Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze gives a very soft feel. The mattress feels too soft while sleeping on back or stomach, sinking hips and lower body, making it uncomfortable to sleep. However, back and stomach sleepers with heavy body weight may find this mattress a good fit.
Loom And Leaf Vs TempurPedic – Sleeping Hot
Loom & Leaf mattress comes with patented gel-on-gel design which eliminates the possibility of sleeping hot. Also, the gel swirled layer of convoluted memory foam coupled with cooling gel laminated on the center third portion allows for a cooler sleep and better air flow throughout the mattress.
Tempur-Pedic mattress responds to your body temperature, which activates their ability to conform to your body, offering support and reducing pressure points. Hence, it will help increase circulation and you may need fewer covers. It may even help your cold hands and feet in the cooler months.
Loom And Leaf Vs TempurPedic – Price and Dimensions
|Loom And Leaf||Tempur-Pedic|
|Twin||$699||38″ x 75″||–||–|
|Twin XL||$799||38″ x 80″||$4,149||38″ x 80″|
|Full||$949||54″ x 75″||–||–|
|Queen||$1,099||60″ x 80″||$4,599||60″ x 80″|
|King||$1,499||76″ x 80″||$5,199||76″ x 80″|
|Split King (2-piece)||–||$8,298||76″ x 80″ total|
|California King||$1,499||72″ x 84″||$5,199||72″ x 84″|
|Split California King (2-piece)||–||$8,298||72″ x 84″ total|
Loom And Leaf Vs TempurPedic – Additional Information
Shipping and Delivery – Loom And Leaf does nationwide delivery $99 and in-home set up. The white glove delivery service professionals will provide full-service mattress set up in the room of your choice. They can also remove your old mattress, if you choose that option. Tempur-Pedic does UPS ground free shipping to locations in the contiguous US.
- Return Policy – Loom And Leaf offers 120 day trial beginning from the date of delivery. Tempur-Pedic offers 90 Night Tryout.
- Warranty – Loom And Leaf mattress warranty is for a non-prorated period of 15 years protected from defects in workmanship and materials. Tempur-Pedic comes with 10 Year Limited Warranty protected from product defects.
If you prefer organic cotton cover, medium firm feel, cool gel technology memory foam, and comfortable sleep without spending heavily then buy Loom and Leaf mattress. However, if you like a softest durable bed with cooling pressure-relieving comfort and price is not a concern then buy Tempur-Pedic mattress.